Looking for TPS file W/O TPS Estention
Author Message
 Looking for TPS file W/O TPS Estention

Hi,

    I want the TPS file driver to create a file without an extension
(like "kurtt"). Okay, I can make the file name a variable. No problem. I

can put anything I want into that variables, but, if it doesn't already
have an extension (like "kurtt.me"), the driver says "Hey, this guy
didn't put an extension on the file, he must have wanted .TPS." Is there

any way (besides renaming) I can just have it take the name literally?

    Things tried:

    1) Make sure name is appended with a period and spaces ("kurtt.
").
    2) Use CSTRING for file name variable.

    Using C4 and 2.003 templates (though that shouldn't matter).

    Regards,

    kurtt

    Kurt Pawlikowski
    The Pinrod Corporation

    (773) 284-9500

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TPS file W/O TPS Estention
I thought he said he had tried it with a period already?  This is the only way I
would think it should work.

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for TPS file W/O TPS Estention

Arnor,

    Well, found out what's happening...

    16 - bit: Always creates extentionless file.
    32 - bit: Only creates extentionless file IF IN ALL CAPS. If it has
lower case, it adds TPS.

    Regards,

    kurtt

    Kurt Pawlikowski
    The Pinrod Corporation

    (773) 284-9500

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. TPS file recovery utility/TPS ODBC problem

2. CFD3.1 TPS with CW4.0 TPS

3. TPS in 5b and TPS in 5.5

4. copy records from old tps to new tps

5. how to export ASCII files from .TPS files ?

6. Updating a TPS file with DBF file

7. Import a text file into a C5 .TPS file

8. Trouble importing ascii file into .tps database file.

9. Migrating TPS files to SQL Server 7 files

10. Using Long File Names (TPS Files) in Clarion

11. number of records for tps file and searching files

12. Stroring multiple tables in a single .tps file vith a variable file name