Need urgent help with optional fields
Author Message
 Need urgent help with optional fields

Have failure table that has 2 fields named primaryid and secondaryid which
are keys to another table called Codes.
During inserting a new record. Entries in these fields have to be selected
before the whole record (which include other fields in the failure table)
can be saved. How can I set these to be optional -so user does not have to
set the fields if he doesn't want to.

Using C5.5G with MSSQL7 with the 2 fields set in mssql 7 as "allow nulls".
Have relationship in dct for these 2 fields as restrict(server).

Thanks

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:01:14 GMT
 Need urgent help with optional fields

On the properties for the field on the update window, go uncheck the required
attribute.  This should allow it to be blank or zero.  Also, on the ACTIONS
tab for the control, make sure you don't have it trying to do a lookup when
the control is selected, only do the lookup when it is selected.

Kelly Orr

http://www.goldtechservices.com

Quote:

> Have failure table that has 2 fields named primaryid and secondaryid which
> are keys to another table called Codes.
> During inserting a new record. Entries in these fields have to be selected
> before the whole record (which include other fields in the failure table)
> can be saved. How can I set these to be optional -so user does not have to
> set the fields if he doesn't want to.

> Using C5.5G with MSSQL7 with the 2 fields set in mssql 7 as "allow nulls".
> Have relationship in dct for these 2 fields as restrict(server).

> Thanks

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:35:57 GMT

1. URGENT-help needed-URGENT

2. Testing for optional COMP-3 fields.

3. URGENT: Need help with AND binary operation in awk

4. urgent! need help with database bindings

5. Need Help on awk!!!! **** Urgent ****

6. 2nd post Urgent: Need help with FM2.9!

7. urgent help needed

8. clarion 5.5 urgent help needed

9. Help needed... URGENT

10. *URGENT* Help need with data export