add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Author Message
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to add multiple WMF-images from the Imagequeue to write to 1
wmf-file. The problem is that I can copy those images to separate wmf-files
with the copy-command but not append them to 1 file. Here's the code :

Entries# = Records(PQ)                       !Determine the number of the
entries in the queue
Loop i# = 1 To Entries#                        !Loop through the queue
    Get(PQ,i#)                                      !Getting each entry
(Image)

**** Here starts the trouble

the images in different wmf-files, but that's not what I want !!!!

OR

    Copy(PQ.FileName, 'C:\test.WMF')                                    ! With this
command, the last image is written to 'test.wmf' instead of all
            the images behind eachother in the file 'test.wmf'. I want all
the images                                                                together in 1 wmf-file !!!!!

***** Both commands don't get me the result I want to !

Can anybody help me with this one ??

Tom Roelofszen

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file

Quote:
> I'm trying to add multiple WMF-images from the Imagequeue to write to 1
> wmf-file. The problem is that I can copy those images to separate wmf-files
> with the copy-command but not append them to 1 file. Here's the code :

I dont know if you realize it but if you were to combine the wmf files, they
would not longer function. A WMF has a header that describes among
otherthings the number of records in the file.  Combining WMFs would be a LOT
more complicated than putting them in one file.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Hi Jim,

But do you know a way to put them all in one file and make it one readable
wmf-file ???? One total reportpreview in one wmf-file ???

Tom Roelofszen

Jim Kane heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:

>> I'm trying to add multiple WMF-images from the Imagequeue to write to 1
>> wmf-file. The problem is that I can copy those images to separate
wmf-files
>> with the copy-command but not append them to 1 file. Here's the code :

>I dont know if you realize it but if you were to combine the wmf files,
they
>would not longer function. A WMF has a header that describes among
>otherthings the number of records in the file.  Combining WMFs would be a
LOT
>more complicated than putting them in one file.
>---
>Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
>Productive Software Solutions
>Can't Find that Message?
>Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
>www.fkeeps.com

Sun, 13 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Tom,
By importing them in a graphic package an export
them as one wmf-file.
Regards,
Marius Luidens
Quote:

> Hi Jim,

> But do you know a way to put them all in one file and make it one readable
> wmf-file ???? One total reportpreview in one wmf-file ???

> Tom Roelofszen

Sun, 13 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Hi Marius,

I understand, but is there a way in C4 to do that WITHOUT graphic package
???

With regards,

Tom Roelofszen

Quote:
>Tom,
>By importing them in a graphic package an export
>them as one wmf-file.
>Regards,
>Marius Luidens

>> Hi Jim,

>> But do you know a way to put them all in one file and make it one
readable
>> wmf-file ???? One total reportpreview in one wmf-file ???

>> Tom Roelofszen

Sun, 13 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Hi Tom,

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:49:10 +0100, "Tom Roelofszen"

Quote:

>I understand, but is there a way in C4 to do that WITHOUT graphic package
>???

I suspect you could just write this into a binary dos file with some
housekeeping - header to tell what the file is and then some unique
identifier in between the files.  Store the wmf files all in one dos
file and extract them from there when needed.  You would need to
extract them to disk before using them, but it should be possible to
stuff multiple files into one file.  But you would have to program it,
can't do it with the good old copy command;)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 13 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Quote:

> But do you know a way to put them all in one file and make it one readable
> wmf-file ???? One total reportpreview in one wmf-file ???

No, It would require a massive amount of work to count records in each,
adjust headers and object numbers used inside the wmfs to track objects.  It
could be done but would be a several week project I'm sure.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sun, 13 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Hi Arnor,

Any suggestions ? Is there maybe a way to put the imagequeue's to 1 wmf-file
? Or is there a way to put the totalreport to a file with an other extension
?

With regards,

Tom Roelofszen

Arnor Baldvinsson heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>Hi Tom,

>On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:49:10 +0100, "Tom Roelofszen"

>>I understand, but is there a way in C4 to do that WITHOUT graphic package
>>???

>I suspect you could just write this into a binary dos file with some
>housekeeping - header to tell what the file is and then some unique
>identifier in between the files.  Store the wmf files all in one dos
>file and extract them from there when needed.  You would need to
>extract them to disk before using them, but it should be possible to
>stuff multiple files into one file.  But you would have to program it,
>can't do it with the good old copy command;)

>Best regards,

>Arnor Baldvinsson
>[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
>Allerup Edb
>Denmark

>http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
>UIN nr.: 2428601

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Hi Jim,

Is there maybe an other way to write a totalreport to a file, in an other
extension maybe ??

With regards,

Tom Roelofszen

Jim Kane heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:

>> But do you know a way to put them all in one file and make it one
readable
>> wmf-file ???? One total reportpreview in one wmf-file ???

>No, It would require a massive amount of work to count records in each,
>adjust headers and object numbers used inside the wmfs to track objects.
It
>could be done but would be a several week project I'm sure.
>---
>Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
>Productive Software Solutions
>Can't Find that Message?
>Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
>www.fkeeps.com

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Tom,

You have a couple of options:

1) get a graphics package and write all the pages into a multi-page TIFF
file. This is going from vector to raster so quality is lost but you do end
up with one file containing all the pages. Keep in mind that Clarion does
not support TIFF natively.

2) store the images in a file format such as TPS within BLOBs and write to
disk when needed. Retains quality but still maintains individual page
images.

Option 2 is what RPM uses to archive reports.

Lee White
Team TopSpeed
Lodestar Software = http://www.CWaddons.com

Quote:
> Hi Arnor,

> Any suggestions ? Is there maybe a way to put the imagequeue's to 1
wmf-file
> ? Or is there a way to put the totalreport to a file with an other

extension

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Quote:

> Is there maybe an other way to write a totalreport to a file, in an other
> extension maybe ??

Not and have the new file function!  You can write it to one file but will
have to take it appart again before using the WMFs.  The blob option Lee
outlined is the best approach IMO.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Tom, if this is for archive purposes only, I'd use PKZIP. An example of
what I'm thinking of is :
loop Looper = 1 to records( ReportPreviewQueue )
   get( ReportPreviewQueue, Looper )

END !Loop
run( 'PKZIP ARCHIVE.ZIP BACKUP.*' )

If need to store all pages from a report to a single place so you can
re-print or recreate the report again at a later time, you could simply
add each record used to a CSV file as the report runs. Then you would
have the same data as when you ran the report in the first place. To
review it you would run a report on the CSV file to get the same values
as in the first place.

HTH!

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Hi John,

Thanks for your reaction but what I really want to do is making 1 wmf-file
from my total report. Than I can read it as a wmf in Word or other programs.
I don't want to be left behind with wmf-files for each page of the report.
Is there a way to put them in 1 wmf ??

With regards,

Tom Roelofszen

Quote:
>Tom, if this is for archive purposes only, I'd use PKZIP. An example of
>what I'm thinking of is :
>loop Looper = 1 to records( ReportPreviewQueue )
>   get( ReportPreviewQueue, Looper )
>   run( 'Copy ' & clip( PreviewImage ) & ' Backup.' & format( Looper,

>END !Loop
>run( 'PKZIP ARCHIVE.ZIP BACKUP.*' )

>If need to store all pages from a report to a single place so you can
>re-print or recreate the report again at a later time, you could simply
>add each record used to a CSV file as the report runs. Then you would
>have the same data as when you ran the report in the first place. To
>review it you would run a report on the CSV file to get the same values
>as in the first place.

>HTH!

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file
Sorry I can't help you on that score. From what I've read WMF files are
formatted as 1 per page. If you can get all of your totals on one page
your set.
Quote:

> Hi John,

> Thanks for your reaction but what I really want to do is making 1 wmf-file
> from my total report. Than I can read it as a wmf in Word or other programs.
> I don't want to be left behind with wmf-files for each page of the report.
> Is there a way to put them in 1 wmf ??

> With regards,

> Tom Roelofszen

> >Tom, if this is for archive purposes only, I'd use PKZIP. An example of
> >what I'm thinking of is :
> >loop Looper = 1 to records( ReportPreviewQueue )
> >   get( ReportPreviewQueue, Looper )
> >   run( 'Copy ' & clip( PreviewImage ) & ' Backup.' & format( Looper,

> >END !Loop
> >run( 'PKZIP ARCHIVE.ZIP BACKUP.*' )

> >If need to store all pages from a report to a single place so you can
> >re-print or recreate the report again at a later time, you could simply
> >add each record used to a CSV file as the report runs. Then you would
> >have the same data as when you ran the report in the first place. To
> >review it you would run a report on the CSV file to get the same values
> >as in the first place.

> >HTH!

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. copy temporary report wmf.file to permanent wmf

2. CW4a - IMAGEs, .WMF and BLOBs vs MEMOs

3. Converting PDF files to WMF files

4. How to convert WMF files to RTF files?

5. Image Conversion Tools: WMF -> GIF

6. Changing WMF images in cw20 reports

7. How do I display .wmf images?

8. VW: Interface with CADand WMF-files

9. Printing a report to a WMF file

10. WMF Report file location

11. Moving a .WMF file to a BLOB

12. Found a great way to make WMF files!