Alias TPS with different path/file name than original file
Author Message
 Alias TPS with different path/file name than original file

Is it possible to create an alias TPS file in the (C5bEE) DCT with a
different path (!Global) and file name than the original TPS file?
The purpose is for exporting (copying) data from the original to the alias.

If yes, please advise.

Sincerely,

ACCESS NETWORKING SOLUTIONS

Jack Bogle
Using C5bEE

Visit us on the World Wide Web at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:55:06 GMT
 Alias TPS with different path/file name than original file
Close the file.
change the name of !Global
Open the file
carry on.
--
Kind regards,
James Cooke

www.ClarionFoundry.com

> Is it possible to create an alias TPS file in the (C5bEE) DCT with a
> different path (!Global) and file name than the original TPS file?
> The purpose is for exporting (copying) data from the original to the
alias.

> If yes, please advise.

> Sincerely,

> ACCESS NETWORKING SOLUTIONS

> Jack Bogle
> Using C5bEE

> Visit us on the World Wide Web at http://www.access-networking.com

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:37:57 GMT
 Alias TPS with different path/file name than original file
Try  TheAliasFile{prop:name}='ANewName'.
Should not mess with the other file.

--
Bjarne Havnen
Langaard Software

Quote:
> Is it possible to create an alias TPS file in the (C5bEE) DCT with a
> different path (!Global) and file name than the original TPS file?
> The purpose is for exporting (copying) data from the original to the
alias.

> If yes, please advise.

> Sincerely,

> ACCESS NETWORKING SOLUTIONS

> Jack Bogle
> Using C5bEE

> Visit us on the World Wide Web at http://www.access-networking.com

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:32:01 GMT
 Alias TPS with different path/file name than original file
Thanks James,

I thought I read once in the CNG that you could trick the dictionary with
the [User Options] by switching the original file name to a new name.

Jack

Visit Access on the Web at http://www.access-networking.com

Quote:
> Close the file.
> change the name of !Global
> Open the file
> carry on.
> --
> Kind regards,
> James Cooke

> www.ClarionFoundry.com

> --

> > Is it possible to create an alias TPS file in the (C5bEE) DCT with a
> > different path (!Global) and file name than the original TPS file?
> > The purpose is for exporting (copying) data from the original to the
> alias.

> > If yes, please advise.

> > Sincerely,

> > ACCESS NETWORKING SOLUTIONS

> > Jack Bogle
> > Using C5bEE

> > Visit us on the World Wide Web at http://www.access-networking.com

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:49:30 GMT
 Alias TPS with different path/file name than original file
Hi Jack,

If I remember right, Scott Sheen wrote a quick & dirty template to do this.
If he doesn't respond to your post, I'll dig up his email for you.

[L]

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:00:36 GMT
 Alias TPS with different path/file name than original file
Method I use is as follows:-

Assumming dictionary name is 'customer' and alias is 'customer2'
GlobalName = 'c:\xyz.tps'
Access:Customer.Open()
GlobalName = 'c:\abc.tps'
Access:Customer2.Open()

You can now read/write to customer and customer2 as you wish. If using the
standard templates you will have to 'OMIT' from compilation

Quote:
> Is it possible to create an alias TPS file in the (C5bEE) DCT with a
> different path (!Global) and file name than the original TPS file?
> The purpose is for exporting (copying) data from the original to the
alias.

> If yes, please advise.

> Sincerely,

> ACCESS NETWORKING SOLUTIONS

> Jack Bogle
> Using C5bEE

> Visit us on the World Wide Web at http://www.access-networking.com

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:35:50 GMT

1. DOS File Lookup - just the file name, not the path AND file name

2. Making file path control only select directory paths not file names

3. Using Long File Names (TPS Files) in Clarion

4. Stroring multiple tables in a single .tps file vith a variable file name

5. copying files using as a different file name

6. Max length of VI file paths and file names

7. parser API style - methods take path or file vs sep methods for path and file

8. Importing multiple columns from different .csv files into one .tps table

9. File (original) To File Copy (storage)

10. TPS data file naming???

11. Different Image file names in VAST 5.0

12. COMMAND() and long file name path - BUG?