Forms that vanish in the night ...
Author Message
 Forms that vanish in the night ...

Hi,

An odd happening in C4 (templates). I have the following embed in a
check box (control event, after processing):

If Glo:CheckBox
  ?String3 {Prop:Hide} = True
  ?String4 {Prop:Hide} = True
  ?Button1 {Prop:Hide} = True
  ?Button5 {Prop:Hide} = True
  ACC:Account {Prop:Hide} = True
  SUB:SubledgerId {Prop:Hide} = True
  ACC:Description {Prop:Hide} = True
  SUB:Description {Prop:Hide} = True
  Display ()
End

When, in operation, I select the check box (i.e., place a check on
it), the entire form disappears! Poof!

One solution is to change the verbage of the check box from "Revenue
Report" to "Make form vanish" and sell it as a feature. But, I'd kinda
like to make it work. Check boxes are bizarre (at least the embeds).
Any ideas? (Please say yes.)

        Bill Galante

PS: Take no note of the pseudonym ;)

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Forms that vanish in the night ...
Bill,

Add a ? before your data fields. As written,

        ACC:Account{Prop:Hide} = True

woud attempt to hide a control with the Use value of whatever ACC:Account is.

Regards,

Mark

Quote:
>Hi,

>An odd happening in C4 (templates). I have the following embed in a
>check box (control event, after processing):

>If Glo:CheckBox
>  ?String3 {Prop:Hide} = True
>  ?String4 {Prop:Hide} = True
>  ?Button1 {Prop:Hide} = True
>  ?Button5 {Prop:Hide} = True
>  ACC:Account {Prop:Hide} = True
>  SUB:SubledgerId {Prop:Hide} = True
>  ACC:Description {Prop:Hide} = True
>  SUB:Description {Prop:Hide} = True
>  Display ()
>End

>When, in operation, I select the check box (i.e., place a check on
>it), the entire form disappears! Poof!

>One solution is to change the verbage of the check box from "Revenue
>Report" to "Make form vanish" and sell it as a feature. But, I'd kinda
>like to make it work. Check boxes are bizarre (at least the embeds).
>Any ideas? (Please say yes.)

>    Bill Galante

>PS: Take no note of the pseudonym ;)

----------------------
sig under construction
ICQ 17178709

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Forms that vanish in the night ...
Thank you Mark and Arnor. I didn't know about the use of the value of
the field. Interesting feature ... hmmm that sounds like something to
store for future reference.

        Bill Galante

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Forms that vanish in the night ...
Bill,

You will use this most every day. Look in the CW help index for:

USE (set control variable or equate label)

You'll find a quite good explanation there.

Regards,

Mark

Quote:
>Thank you Mark and Arnor. I didn't know about the use of the value of
>the field. Interesting feature ... hmmm that sounds like something to
>store for future reference.

>    Bill Galante

----------------------
sig under construction
ICQ 17178709

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. C4 Legacy Report templates - Forms Vanish

2. Vanishing data in an update form

3. vanishing cursor

4. Vanishing data

5. Windows NT/vanishing keyboard input