Record not Available 33))
Author Message
 Record not Available 33))

I can't seem to eliminate the problem of getting a ((record not Available 33))
error when updating/Saving a Parent record, that has a child browse box.  The
error keeps popping up on the SAVE button request for the Parent, with error on
the child record. I am using C4, with ABC templates. The save button is the
same as the OK button when accepting a record for update to a file.

However, when I click on the tab for the child files, which has a browse box
and display window for an image before clicking SAVE, the error does not occur.

Any Suggestions.
Susan

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:19:18 GMT
 Record not Available 33))
Susan,
A few thoughts,
Until you know your way around Clarion, stick with the Browse-Form paragidm.
The Insert/change/delete - go and fetch the selected browse item for
insert/change/delete and therefore make the record available.  This is part
of the Browse, not the Form.. So, the first thing that you want to make sure
of is that you are working with the correct record available.

Second, if you have Referential integrity between the parent and the child
then you have another level of complexity - the child record may not be
available for update.  You have to look into your code and see which record
is not available and that might help you understand what is going on.

HTH,
Ron Jolda

Quote:
> I can't seem to eliminate the problem of getting a ((record not Available
33))
> error when updating/Saving a Parent record, that has a child browse box.
The
> error keeps popping up on the SAVE button request for the Parent, with
error on
> the child record. I am using C4, with ABC templates. The save button is
the
> same as the OK button when accepting a record for update to a file.

> However, when I click on the tab for the child files, which has a browse
box
> and display window for an image before clicking SAVE, the error does not
occur.

> Any Suggestions.
> Susan

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Record not Available 33))
For whatever its worth i have fixed stuff like this by pypassing the
template stuff

create a button

update
if  entries are not proper
 select(?myfield)
 cycle
.

put(myfile)
if error() then stop(error()&errorfile())
do procedurereturn

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Record not Available 33))
Assuming your using tps and not sql which opens up a lot of
possibilities for errors, the most likely problem is 'must be in file'
validation on one of the fields.  It can move the record pointer to do
the validation. This was fixed in the abc templates somewhere along the
line with a savefile() restorefile() pair but I dont recall the
details.  I think the best solution is to not use must be in file
validation in the dictionary.
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Record not Available 33))
Thanks Ron:

I had to read your message about a dozen times before I could really
understand. I got out my manual again and studied the part about relationships.
 I did see where it stated that the key could not be made up of more than one
field, if being called from the parent record.  I changed that and all is well.

Thanks for your good advise. Thanks to all who responded to the post.
Susan

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:48:21 GMT

1. C5EEa - Record Not Available(33) when deleting a record

2. Access Denied (5) / Record Not Available (33) problem

3. Insert error - Record not available (33)

4. Error 33 Record Not Available

5. Record Not Available Errorcode 33

6. ERROR 33 Record not available

7. Shawn Bullock's HLA v1.33 Installer Now Available

8. HLA v1.33 is now available

9. Shawn Bullock's HLA v1.33 Installer is now available

10. HLA v1.33 is now available on Webster

11. File not open (33) error

12. odbc error #33