Troubles with DECIMAL fields with MySQL 
Author Message
 Troubles with DECIMAL fields with MySQL

Hi,

I'm moving an application from  TPS to MySQL but every form with DECIMAL
fields causes errors like these:

Record Insert Error
-------------------
An error was experienced during the creation of a record.
File: TSHOP.DEPART
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 1 (42000)

Outro exemplo:

Record Insert Error
-------------------
An error was experienced during the creation of a record.
File: TSHOP.CUSTOMERS
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ','A','','20030521')' at
line 1 (42000)

All forms with this DECIMAL fields report error like these when inserting.
The part or SQL syntax mentioned on error box is exactly AFTER some DECIMAL
value. So, I'm concluding the trouble involves DECIMAL fields. But I dont
know how to solve that!

I'm needing your help. Thanks in advance

Wander Stabenow Weberling - Brazil



Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:59:02 GMT  
 Troubles with DECIMAL fields with MySQL
As far as I remember, in order to work with MySQL decimals, you need to use
cstrings in your Clarion dictionary.

-Ray.


Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm moving an application from  TPS to MySQL but every form with DECIMAL
> fields causes errors like these:

> Record Insert Error
> -------------------
> An error was experienced during the creation of a record.
> File: TSHOP.DEPART
> Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 1 (42000)

> Outro exemplo:

> Record Insert Error
> -------------------
> An error was experienced during the creation of a record.
> File: TSHOP.CUSTOMERS
> Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ','A','','20030521')' at
> line 1 (42000)

> All forms with this DECIMAL fields report error like these when inserting.
> The part or SQL syntax mentioned on error box is exactly AFTER some DECIMAL
> value. So, I'm concluding the trouble involves DECIMAL fields. But I dont
> know how to solve that!

> I'm needing your help. Thanks in advance

> Wander Stabenow Weberling - Brazil



Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:17:36 GMT  
 Troubles with DECIMAL fields with MySQL
You have to use PDECIMAL, not DECIMAL.

Guy


Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm moving an application from  TPS to MySQL but every form with DECIMAL
> fields causes errors like these:

> Record Insert Error
> -------------------
> An error was experienced during the creation of a record.
> File: TSHOP.DEPART
> Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 1 (42000)

> Outro exemplo:

> Record Insert Error
> -------------------
> An error was experienced during the creation of a record.
> File: TSHOP.CUSTOMERS
> Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ','A','','20030521')' at
> line 1 (42000)

> All forms with this DECIMAL fields report error like these when inserting.
> The part or SQL syntax mentioned on error box is exactly AFTER some
DECIMAL
> value. So, I'm concluding the trouble involves DECIMAL fields. But I dont
> know how to solve that!

> I'm needing your help. Thanks in advance

> Wander Stabenow Weberling - Brazil



Mon, 07 Nov 2005 16:05:43 GMT  
 Troubles with DECIMAL fields with MySQL
Hi fellows,

I got solution for the problem. More simple than I could realize. I just
check "Safety" option on MyODBC config. Using MyODBC 2.50.something.
Yesterday, I downloaded last version of MyODBC (3.50.something) that deal
with situation with no need to turn "Safety" option on.

If someone of you knows some important fact about wath I did, tell me
please.

Thanks all of you.

Wander Stabenow Weberling - Brazil.



Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:08:36 GMT  
 Troubles with DECIMAL fields with MySQL
Hi Wander,

What was the problem?--

Greetings,

Steven Spierenburg
Panta Relatiebeheer BV

Remove the obvious anti-spam word from the e-mail address for reply's

Can't act. Can't sing. Bolding. Dances a little.
   -- screentest Fred Astaire, 1928


Quote:
> Hi fellows,

> I got solution for the problem. More simple than I could realize. I just
> check "Safety" option on MyODBC config. Using MyODBC 2.50.something.
> Yesterday, I downloaded last version of MyODBC (3.50.something) that deal
> with situation with no need to turn "Safety" option on.

> If someone of you knows some important fact about wath I did, tell me
> please.

> Thanks all of you.

> Wander Stabenow Weberling - Brazil.



Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:10:33 GMT  
 Troubles with DECIMAL fields with MySQL

Quote:
> What was the problem?--

Quoting first post:
--------------------------- cut here ---------------------
I'm moving an application from  TPS to MySQL but every form with DECIMAL
fields causes errors like these:

Record Insert Error
-------------------
An error was experienced during the creation of a record.
File: TSHOP.DEPART
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 1 (42000)

Another example:

Record Insert Error
-------------------
An error was experienced during the creation of a record.
File: TSHOP.CUSTOMERS
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ','A','','20030521')' at
line 1 (42000)

All forms with this DECIMAL fields report error like these when inserting.
The part or SQL syntax mentioned on error box is exactly AFTER some DECIMAL
value. So, I'm concluding the trouble involves DECIMAL fields. But I dont
know how to solve that!

I'm needing your help. Thanks in advance
------------------- cut here ----------------------

That was the problem.

If you have some {*filter*}ional information, tell me.

Wander Stabenow Weberling - Brazil



Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:24:29 GMT  
 Troubles with DECIMAL fields with MySQL
Hi Wander,

No additional info, just wondering what the problem was. I'm overly curious
to what people do and experience with mysql since it's our main backend
database now.

--

Greetings,

Steven Spierenburg
Panta Relatiebeheer BV

Remove the obvious anti-spam word from the e-mail address for reply's

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien
pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing,
comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your
punctuation.
   -- RedDwarf


Quote:
> > What was the problem?--

> Quoting first post:
> --------------------------- cut here ---------------------
> I'm moving an application from  TPS to MySQL but every form with DECIMAL
> fields causes errors like these:

> Record Insert Error
> -------------------
> An error was experienced during the creation of a record.
> File: TSHOP.DEPART
> Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 1 (42000)

> Another example:

> Record Insert Error
> -------------------
> An error was experienced during the creation of a record.
> File: TSHOP.CUSTOMERS
> Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ','A','','20030521')' at
> line 1 (42000)

> All forms with this DECIMAL fields report error like these when inserting.
> The part or SQL syntax mentioned on error box is exactly AFTER some
DECIMAL
> value. So, I'm concluding the trouble involves DECIMAL fields. But I dont
> know how to solve that!

> I'm needing your help. Thanks in advance
> ------------------- cut here ----------------------

> That was the problem.

> If you have some {*filter*}ional information, tell me.

> Wander Stabenow Weberling - Brazil



Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:07:00 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Problem with decimal fields in MySQL...

2. PHP/mySQL text field trouble - mySQL error upon entry.

3. C55PE MySQL and DECIMAL

4. Way MySQL trats decimals...

5. Question about MySQL DECIMAL type

6. Decimal Values Rounding up when assigning from lookup file field

7. decimal field problems (still)

8. decimal field

9. DECIMAL Field in Clarion File

10. VW: decimal comma in number fields

11. Decimal Rounding Errors in Subscripted Fields

12. Warning: Bugs with DECIMAL fields !

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software