Finding out number of threads or number of open windows in the app
Author Message
 Finding out number of threads or number of open windows in the app

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:28:57 +0300, in comp.lang.clarion, "Ville

Quote:

> Here's a small (lousy <g>) demo

Actually it was just what the doctor ordered (and therefor not lousy
at all).

Thanks a bunch,
Steve and Roberta Rothkin
Dancemasters Disc Jockey Entertainers--WE MAKE YOUR PARTY FUN!
22A Hawkes Close
Ossining, NY 10562

Voice: (914) 762-4565
Fax:   (914) 762-4566
World Wide Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/
Member American Disc Jockey Association

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:16:04 GMT
 Finding out number of threads or number of open windows in the app
This is what I had to do:

NumThreads  Signed
J           Signed
W1          &Window
W2          &Window

! check to see that no other procedures are running

    SetTarget(,1)   !main window
    W1 &= System{PROP:Target}
    NumThreads = 1  !counts as one

    ! loop thru to see how many threads are active
    loop J = 2 to 64
        SetTarget(,J)
        W2 &= System{PROP:Target}
        if not W2 &= W1 !if it's not the same as the main window
            NumThreads += 1
        end
    end !loop

    SetTarget() !restore the current thread

HTH,
Lisa Daugherty

Quote:
> How can I find out the number of threads that are currently running in
> the app? Or alternatively, how can I find out how many windows it has
> open? This is C55 PE patch G.

> Thanks,
> Steve and Roberta Rothkin
> Dancemasters Disc Jockey Entertainers--WE MAKE YOUR PARTY FUN!
> 22A Hawkes Close
> Ossining, NY 10562

> Voice: (914) 762-4565
> Fax:   (914) 762-4566
> World Wide Web: http://www.dancemasters.net
> Member American Disc Jockey Association

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:59:33 GMT
 Finding out number of threads or number of open windows in the app
Lisa,

Very nice! ;-)

--
Russ Eggen
www.radfusion.com

This is what I had to do:

NumThreads  Signed
J           Signed
W1          &Window
W2          &Window

! check to see that no other procedures are running

    SetTarget(,1)   !main window
    W1 &= System{PROP:Target}
    NumThreads = 1  !counts as one

    ! loop thru to see how many threads are active
    loop J = 2 to 64
        SetTarget(,J)
        W2 &= System{PROP:Target}
        if not W2 &= W1 !if it's not the same as the main window
            NumThreads += 1
        end
    end !loop

    SetTarget() !restore the current thread

HTH,
Lisa Daugherty

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 02:05:53 GMT
 Finding out number of threads or number of open windows in the app
Steve,

    Without some code to notify you that a window or thread is open, I'm
not aware of any way. There might be some API stuff, but again, I've not
seen anything about it.

    Regards,

    kurtt

    Kurt Pawlikowski
    The Pinrod Corporation

    (773) 284-9500
    http://pinrod.com

Quote:

> How can I find out the number of threads that are currently running in
> the app? Or alternatively, how can I find out how many windows it has
> open? This is C55 PE patch G.

> Thanks,
> Steve and Roberta Rothkin
> Dancemasters Disc Jockey Entertainers--WE MAKE YOUR PARTY FUN!
> 22A Hawkes Close
> Ossining, NY 10562

> Voice: (914) 762-4565
> Fax:   (914) 762-4566
> World Wide Web: http://www.dancemasters.net
> Member American Disc Jockey Association

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:40:58 GMT

1. Numbers Numbers Numbers

2. Question on Opening/Closing a Threaded Window within App Frame

3. Newbie question - How do I find the disk serial number in Windows

4. BUG: Scientific Number to String/String to Number

5. Auto-numbering & Invoice Numbers

6. auto-numbered key - how to set the starting number

7. how can I make imaginary number with known real number

8. indexing numbers as numbers or strings

9. number to string .... string to number

10. Numbers from 1 to 10 (was Numbers from 1 to 10 in Over 4500 Languages)

11. Numbers from 1 to 10 (was Numbers from 1 to 10 in Over 4500 Languages)

12. VPREXX Help? Adding number to string number