Default font 
Author Message
 Default font

How do I set the default font for all my windows to another font? Is this
windows dependent?

Got to be simple and I thought I saw it somewhere before.
--
Thank you

John Fligg
C55EE, ABC only, C55g, C6EA4



Thu, 10 Nov 2005 02:27:43 GMT  
 Default font
John,

Quote:
> How do I set the default font for all my windows to another font?
> Is this windows dependent?

If you not have specified a font for a window, it takes
the (windows) system font.
If you want to set/change the window font for all windows,
globally, then you'll need a (very simple) template.

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.08EE
Certainly Clarion Developer

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"



Thu, 10 Nov 2005 04:02:59 GMT  
 Default font
Hi Maarten,



Quote:
>If you want to set/change the window font for all windows,
>globally, then you'll need a (very simple) template.

How do you do that?  

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software        
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm



Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:19:25 GMT  
 Default font
Hi Arnor,

Quote:
> >If you want to set/change the window font for all windows,
> >globally, then you'll need a (very simple) template.

> How do you do that?

Because you ask this question, it tickelled my braincells<g>
I wanted to write the few lines of template code down and
realised that you won't ask a question for that;)

Setting a font on the window will only have effect for all
controls being created after that.
Duh.
It will (probably) only work on windows that don't have
their fonts set.
Sorry John, to make you happy over nothing.

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.08EE
Certainly Clarion Developer

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"



Fri, 11 Nov 2005 03:21:08 GMT  
 Default font
Arnor, Maarten;

What do you mean? If you set the font on the first window, don't all the
rest of them have the same font unless you change it? That's what I'm doing
... and that's what's happening. If this isn't right, please ... don't tell
me. As soon as you do, it'll quit working.

In 1997 I took a Clarion essentials class. In that class everybody there
hated the report formatter and couldn't get it to work right. Even the
instructor "dissed" it. I went in thinking that the report formatter was the
best thing since sliced bread ... could hardly use it after the class.
Finally I waited about six months until I forgot everything they said was
wrong with it, and have been using it happily ever since! But it still has
never worked quite as smoothly for me since I heard folks complaining about
it. So, if I can't really set my font on the application frame or the first
screen ... just don't tell me. I'll go on happily doing it that way and no
one will be the wiser.

But I do have a curious situation ... I have a screen that I want the prompt
controls to be transparent. Once done, the screen was kind of slow, so I
removed ALL of the transparent attributes from the controls. They are still
transparent. This is a hand-coded project, so the template manager or
dictionary is not doing anything ... why did they retain their transparent
attributes? Is there a way (that I've accidentally invoked) to get all
display-only control to have a transparent attribute? It's really a weird
problem (actually, it's not a bad problem ... it's what I want, I just don't
know why it's happening). Oh ... the controls are created on the fly.

Greg Scales


Quote:
> Hi Arnor,

> > >If you want to set/change the window font for all windows,
> > >globally, then you'll need a (very simple) template.

> > How do you do that?
> Because you ask this question, it tickelled my braincells<g>
> I wanted to write the few lines of template code down and
> realised that you won't ask a question for that;)

> Setting a font on the window will only have effect for all
> controls being created after that.
> Duh.
> It will (probably) only work on windows that don't have
> their fonts set.
> Sorry John, to make you happy over nothing.

> --

> Best regards,
> Maarten
> CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.08EE
> Certainly Clarion Developer

> "I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"



Fri, 11 Nov 2005 04:50:15 GMT  
 Default font
Hi Greg,

On Sun, 25 May 2003 15:50:15 -0500, "Greg Scales"

Quote:

>What do you mean? If you set the font on the first window, don't all the
>rest of them have the same font unless you change it? That's what I'm doing
>... and that's what's happening. If this isn't right, please ... don't tell
>me. As soon as you do, it'll quit working.

<g>  Windows can have any font you want.  You can have MS Sans Serif
on the frame, Verdana on another, Arial on yet another and so on and
so forth.  I'm not sure what you are referring to with the "first
window".  If a window does not have a font set, it will use the system
font or it's substitude.  If there aren't any, I have no idea what
happens<g>

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software        
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm



Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:05:22 GMT  
 Default font
Hi Maarten,



Quote:
>Setting a font on the window will only have effect for all
>controls being created after that.
>Duh.
>It will (probably) only work on windows that don't have
>their fonts set.

Actually a font without a font attribute will have a font set and as
far as I know setting the font at runtime, will not change it.  There
are ways to do this and I believe some templates/products too, but it
does require some code to calculate new positions etc. etc.

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software        
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm



Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:07:29 GMT  
 Default font
For the new ones, change the  Default.Clw file in the libsrc directory.
For the old ones, I think you have to change them manualy

Guy


Quote:
> How do I set the default font for all my windows to another font? Is this
> windows dependent?

> Got to be simple and I thought I saw it somewhere before.
> --
> Thank you

> John Fligg
> C55EE, ABC only, C55g, C6EA4



Sat, 12 Nov 2005 01:42:06 GMT  
 Default font
Hi Greg,

Quote:
> What do you mean? If you set the font on the first window, don't all the
> rest of them have the same font unless you change it? That's what I'm doing
> ... and that's what's happening. If this isn't right, please ... don't tell me.
> > Setting a font on the window will only have effect for all
> > controls being created after that.
> Oh ... the controls are created on the fly.

I didn't say anything<g>

Quote:
> attributes? Is there a way (that I've accidentally invoked) to get all
> display-only control to have a transparent attribute?

If so, I want to know about it! ;)
I've never heard of transparancy being inherited, so I don't
know what you're doing 'wrong'.

Quote:
> controls to be transparent. Once done, the screen was kind of slow, so I

I've never noticed this. I always set my controls to transparent
because I use a background. (because of that I can't compare
with a screen w/o background/transparant controls<g>).
All I do is set 0{PROP:Buffer} = 1 to prevent flickering
on opening/tabchanging large/complex screens.

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.08EE
Certainly Clarion Developer

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"



Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:47:39 GMT  
 Default font
Hi Arnor;

I guess you're not going to be around to see this, but for others by "first
window", I mean the opening window where there is NO application frame.

Greg


Quote:
> Hi Greg,

> On Sun, 25 May 2003 15:50:15 -0500, "Greg Scales"

> >What do you mean? If you set the font on the first window, don't all the
> >rest of them have the same font unless you change it? That's what I'm
doing
> >... and that's what's happening. If this isn't right, please ... don't
tell
> >me. As soon as you do, it'll quit working.

> <g>  Windows can have any font you want.  You can have MS Sans Serif
> on the frame, Verdana on another, Arial on yet another and so on and
> so forth.  I'm not sure what you are referring to with the "first
> window".  If a window does not have a font set, it will use the system
> font or it's substitude.  If there aren't any, I have no idea what
> happens<g>

> Best regards,

> Arnr Baldvinsson
> Icetips Software
> San Antonio, Texas, USA
> www.icetips.com

> Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
> http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm



Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:07:56 GMT  
 Default font


Quote:
> Hi Greg,

> > What do you mean? If you set the font on the first window, don't all the
> > rest of them have the same font unless you change it? That's what I'm
doing
> > ... and that's what's happening. If this isn't right, please ... don't
tell me.

> > > Setting a font on the window will only have effect for all
> > > controls being created after that.

> > Oh ... the controls are created on the fly.

> I didn't say anything<g>

> > attributes? Is there a way (that I've accidentally invoked) to get all
> > display-only control to have a transparent attribute?
> If so, I want to know about it! ;)

But, I swear, that's what's happening. This is the survey form you and I
have discussed before. I created this relatively huge window structure in
order to prototype the program. Because the IDE blew up, I had to figure out
the logic to create the screen using CREATE statements. The screen has a
*noticable* pause at initiation and at another point where a set of tabs are
"unhid". I thought the transparent attributes might be affecting the speed
so I got rid of them ... all of them. The ONLY transparent attributes are on
two buttons defined in the windows structure ... nowhere else on the window
that is pre-defined or within any of the created controls. Nowhere. Nada.
Yet all of the string/prompt controls are transparent pretty as you please.
And yea, I use a background too, hence the use of transparency. What in the
world could be happening here? I have another window that is executed in a
different procedure ... the TRN attributes are required on each of its
controls, but not on the main window. BTW, there is no application frame.

I can't figure it out. The result is good, so I'm{*filter*} with it, but ...

Quote:
> All I do is set 0{PROP:Buffer} = 1 to prevent flickering
> on opening/tabchanging large/complex screens.

This had absolutely no effect whatsoever on any machine that I tried it on,
fast or slow.

Wish I knew ...

Have a great day!

Greg



Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:20:45 GMT  
 Default font
Hi Greg,

Quote:
> But, I swear, that's what's happening.

Heh, I believe you. I can't explain it either
(w/o seeing the source, and even then....)

Quote:
>The screen has a *noticable* pause at initiation and at
> another point where a set of tabs are "unhid".

I believe I sent you my code. There you'll see that I unhide
directly after creating (not create a bunch and unhide a bunch).
My screen looks to appear instantly.

Quote:
> Yet all of the string/prompt controls are transparent pretty as you please.

A 'default' setting? or a 'Left-over'? I had this today when I
used module data to fill a queue for a listbox in a recursive
procedure. The second time I called this procedure, my list-box
was already filled<g> Forgot that module data is static.
I don't use the FeqNr returned from Create(), I use my own
FeqNr's.

Quote:
> > All I do is set 0{PROP:Buffer} = 1 to prevent flickering
> This had absolutely no effect whatsoever on any machine that I tried it on,

My colleage is still running on a PII333, where the flickering
on opening or tabchange is very noticable. On every window
that I see flickering on his machine I set 0{PROP:Buffer} = 1
and the flickering is gone.

Strange that your program is reacting so much different than mine.

Quote:
> Have a great day!

And the same to you<g>

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.08EE
Certainly Clarion Developer

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"



Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:04:59 GMT  
 Default font
Hi Greg,

On Mon, 26 May 2003 23:07:56 -0500, "Greg Scales"

Quote:

>I guess you're not going to be around to see this, but for others by "first
>window", I mean the opening window where there is NO application frame.

Still around, just not taking daytime to read<g>  I don't have many
apps that don't have a frame, so I can't really say.  However my
calendar has no frame but I set the fonts on each window so I wouldn't
have noticed if they inherited from the main window...

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software        
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm



Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:00:58 GMT  
 
 [ 13 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Default font for wish and/or Font tool availability

2. tk: substitute default font if font request fails?

3. set default font in DolphinPro5

4. VAST: how to set the system default font

5. Visual Smalltalk default fonts

6. CW4 - Default font

7. Default font

8. default font

9. Default Font under Clarion4 vs. Clarion5

10. default font issue

11. CW2.003 - Default font for reports.

12. CWIC Default Font on HTM files??????

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software