Saving a Variable to a field in a record- what am i doing wrong
Author Message
 Saving a Variable to a field in a record- what am i doing wrong

I'm using Clarion 5bee ABC templates  to work on a Multi-User Database App.
I need help please with two parts.

PART 1
At the moment I'm trying to embed, in my App, some code that basically says,
when the user enters his name and password, clicks OK and is accepted, put 1
in a field.   I have the Username and Password verification working, with
the help of "NextAge Consulting Security Templates", which stores the User
input in variables(?Logon and ?Password) and verifies it that way.  I then
have a file called "USER", which contains the Username, Password, Security
Level and a field called "USED".  The idea is that when the User
successfully logs onto the system, by pressing "OK" the system replaces the
number 0 with 1 in the USER:USED field (Off/On).  If the User then trys to
logon before logging out, the system sees that 1 is in USER:USED and
notifies the User that he's already logged on.
I have tried using embed code
user:user = 1
But have noted the values is Not Saved to File
What am i missing
I have read about the commands GET and Put - but I seem to have problems
getting them to Work

PART 2
The next step in this process is to change the number 1 back to 0 when the
User logs off.

If anyone could help at all with either or both of the above problems, I
would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Ken O Brien

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Saving a Variable to a field in a record- what am i doing wrong
Quote:

> I have read about the commands GET and Put - but I seem to have problems
> getting them to Work

that is what you need, either set/next or Get followed by a put. Or use
the abc equivalent methods.
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. What am I doing wrong!

2. What am I doing wrong?

3. Stupid newb question: What am I doing wrong?

4. What am I doing Wrong

5. what am i doing wrong

6. Help - What am I doing wrong

7. What am I doing wrong?

8. What am I doing wrong?

9. #CONTROL What am I doing wrong

10. What am i doing wrong.

11. What am I doing wrong?

12. Clarion 5.5 What am I doing wrong????