Moving Image with "hand" icon
Author Message
 Moving Image with "hand" icon

I'm using C4 with legacy templates.
I have an image control in a window that displays scanned documents.
The size of the documents are such that I must use vertical and
horizontal scroll bars on the screen.

Does anyone know if there's a way to put a "hand" icon on the screen
that would allow the user to move the image horizontally and vertically,
in place of using the separate scroll bar sliders ?

Thanks,

Byron

Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Moving Image with "hand" icon
Quote:

> Does anyone know if there's a way to put a "hand" icon on the screen
> that would allow the user to move the image horizontally and vertically,
> in place of using the separate scroll bar sliders ?

I've done it. Essentially you need to subclass the image control and track
the mouse. Every time the mouse moves use SendMessage() api to send a
wm_hscroll and/or wm_vscroll message to the image control.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Moving Image with "hand" icon
Thanks for the info.
Quote:

> > Does anyone know if there's a way to put a "hand" icon on the screen
> > that would allow the user to move the image horizontally and vertically,
> > in place of using the separate scroll bar sliders ?

> I've done it. Essentially you need to subclass the image control and track
> the mouse. Every time the mouse moves use SendMessage() api to send a
> wm_hscroll and/or wm_vscroll message to the image control.
> ---
> Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
> Productive Software Solutions
> Can't Find that Message?
> Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
> www.fkeeps.com

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Python and "Hand held" computers

2. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

3. Bug in "Move to/Namespace"?

4. "Tracks" when moving lines

5. "Moving" objects of limited type

6. move to field "justified LEFT"

7. Design -- "Moving Bookmark"

8. Moving "after" from Tk to Tcl

9. ListViewColumn Icons show as "?"

10. "Icons.Flip" in R2.3

11. looking for "graphic table" (Icon View)