SegClass exceeds 64K?
Author Message
 SegClass exceeds 64K?

Suggestions on how to eliminate a "Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds
64K"?

TIA,

Al

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SegClass exceeds 64K?

In the process of working around my "exceeds 64K" error (i.e.
recompiling into 32 bit), I  admit to being confounded as to why
GlobalRequest, GlobalResponse, VCRResponse are always "exported"
regardless of the checked/unchecked status of "Generate Template global
data as External".  The source declares them as "Long(0),Thread" which
doesn't seem to have the EXTERNAL attribute and yet they show up in my
xxxx.EXP file.

This of course causes problem in my DLL (exported once) and the main app
(exported again).  In 16 bit, the linker generates a warning about the
duplicates but you can still run the app.  In 32 bit, the linker
generates an error and you're dead in the water.

Has anyone else found this true and if so, what did you do to resolve?

Thanks,

Al

Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SegClass exceeds 64K?

Quote:

>Suggestions on how to eliminate a "Link Error: Group or Segclass
exceeds
>64K"?

>TIA,

>Al

Hi Al

There is a current thread on this. Look at the subject Compiling
Dictionary Link Error

Regards
Malcolm Collett
------------------------------
mcollett AT iafrica DOT com
==============================

Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SegClass exceeds 64K?

OOPs!  Never mind, I had a momentary "brain fart" (as my kid tells me);
either that or old neurons!!

Al

Wed, 20 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SegClass exceeds 64K?

On Sat, 04 Apr 1998 17:34:25 -0500, Al Randall

Quote:

>OOPs!  Never mind, I had a momentary "brain fart" (as my kid tells me);
>either that or old neurons!!

Tell them it's a Cusp, according to Catastrophe theory.

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

2. Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

3. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

4. Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K ?

5. Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

6. Link error - Group or Segclass exceeds 64k

7. Group or Segclass exceeds 64k

8. CW2001.01 REPOST - Link Error: Group or Segclass exceeds 64K

9. Any tips on 'Group or Segclass exceeds 64K' error under 16 bit build?

10. CW2001.01 HELP! "Link Error: Group or SegClass exceeds 64K"

11. Group or Segclass exceeds 64 K

12. More info about error: group or segclass exceeds 64 K