Put icon in system tray
Author Message
 Put icon in system tray

C5 ABC

I know there is the FREE API toolkit, but I dont think it is updated for C5
Is there a way to put my program icon in the system tray?

Thanks
Eric

--
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Put icon in system tray
Hi Eric,

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:44:16 -0500, "Eric Jacobowitz"

Quote:

>C5 ABC

>I know there is the FREE API toolkit, but I dont think it is updated for C5
>Is there a way to put my program icon in the system tray?

I used Vince's api templates in C5 during the beta and if I recall
there were no problems with it.  Have you tried registering it and use
it?

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Put icon in system tray
Quote:
>>I used Vince's api templates in C5 during the beta and if I recall

there were no problems with it.  Have you tried registering it and use
it?<<

I tried to register it, but kept getting an error when trying to use it in
my app, variable unknown %BETA (Or something like that)

--

Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.castlecomputer.com

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Put icon in system tray
Hi Eric,

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 22:27:07 -0500, "Eric Jacobowitz"

Quote:

>I tried to register it, but kept getting an error when trying to use it in
>my app, variable unknown %BETA (Or something like that)

Just checked and I'm actually using his templates in one C5 app.  It
works without problem.  It's the same templates I use in C4.  It's
_possible_ I made changes to it, but I don't recall it...  BTW:  This
is a ABC app, while the C4 (same program) is Clarion app.  Which
template chain are you using?

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Put icon in system tray
Just checked and I'm actually using his templates in one C5 app.  It
works without problem.  It's the same templates I use in C4.  It's
_possible_ I made changes to it, but I don't recall it...  BTW:  This
is a ABC app, while the C4 (same program) is Clarion app.  Which
template chain are you using?<<

I am using ABC and in C4 was using ABC too
I will try again and post the EXACT error message if I get it again

--

Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.castlecomputer.com

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Put icon in system tray
I found the problem with the template (I think)
I am getting an error

Unkown Variable %BetaTest

I look in the template, it has the following line
#DECLARE(%BetaTest)
Then later in the template it is
#ENABLE(%BetaTest)

Those are the only 2 instances of BETATEST that I saw.

Any ideas?
--

Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.castlecomputer.com

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Put icon in system tray
Hi Eric,

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:12:13 -0500, "Eric Jacobowitz"

Quote:

>I look in the template, it has the following line
>#DECLARE(%BetaTest)
>Then later in the template it is
>#ENABLE(%BetaTest)

>Those are the only 2 instances of BETATEST that I saw.

>Any ideas?

I think I just removed this...

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to put my app on tray icon bar

2. Possible to put an app in the System Tray

3. WinSock OCX / Icons in system tray - Example Application

4. WinSock OCX / Icons in system tray - Example Code

5. System Tray Icon ???

6. System tray Icon

7. System Tray Icon Dynamic Update

8. Icon in System Tray