EIP Validation
Author Message
 EIP Validation

Hi,

    Am currently trying to do validation once the user has finished entering
a record using Edit-In-Place, but I don't know which embed point I should be
using.

Regards,

Justin

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 EIP Validation
Hi Justin,

I am sure there are several ways to solve this problem. Here is mine however
it works only when user uses only keyboard for input. Is there any better
ways of doing it?

1.Set your field in the Column Specific: `Extension`-`Configure Edit in
place`-`Column Specific`. `Allow Edit-in-place` must be checked. So you
created EditInPlace::YourField (EditEntryClass).

2.Override Init and TakeEvent methods.

EditInPlace::YourField.Init PROCEDURE(UNSIGNED FieldNumber,UNSIGNED
ListBox,*? UseVar)
  CODE
    SELF.Feq{PROP:Alrt,1} = TabKey    ! Catch all possible edit keys
    SELF.Feq{PROP:Alrt,2} = ShiftTab
    SELF.Feq{PROP:Alrt,3} = EnterKey
    SELF.Feq{PROP:Alrt,4} = EscKey
    SELF.Feq{PROP:Alrt,5} = DownKey
    SELF.Feq{PROP:Alrt,6} = UpKey
  PARENT.Init(FieldNumber,ListBox,UseVar)

EditInPlace::YourField.TakeEvent PROCEDURE(UNSIGNED Event)
ReturnValue          BYTE,AUTO
  CODE
  ReturnValue =PARENT.TakeEvent(Event)
    IF EVENT = EVENT:AlertKey
      IF SELF.Feq{PROP:Value} ... ! Your condition for a value of the field
        ...                                        ! Your other stuff if the
value is wrong
        ReturnValue = Level:Notify    ! Stay on the same field
      END ! IF
    END ! IF
  RETURN ReturnValue

--
Best regards,
Vladimir Ermakov.

Quote:
> Hi,

>     Am currently trying to do validation once the user has finished
entering
> a record using Edit-In-Place, but I don't know which embed point I should
be
> using.

> Regards,

> Justin