STD:Cut, STD:Copy & Paste in CW2
Author Message
 STD:Cut, STD:Copy & Paste in CW2

I'm Having some difficulty getting the Cut Copy & Paste
menu items to work.  I can never seem to get these menu
items to be active.  They are always disabled.

However, CTRL-C, CTRL-V & CTRL-X work fine.

I have looked at some sample applications and the menu items
are enabled when any text is selected on any form.  But this
is not true in my Apps.

Do I need to write code to enable the menu items?  Any suggestions
will be appreciated.

Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 STD:Cut, STD:Copy & Paste in CW2

Quote:

>I'm Having some difficulty getting the Cut Copy & Paste
>menu items to work.  I can never seem to get these menu
>items to be active.  They are always disabled.
>However, CTRL-C, CTRL-V & CTRL-X work fine.

I think that this was a bug in CCP in 32-bit in CW2.0 (I also
encountered it and reported it). I do not know if it is fixed in
CW2.001. What version are you using?

George Barwood

Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 STD:Cut, STD:Copy & Paste in CW2

Quote:

> >I'm Having some difficulty getting the Cut Copy & Paste
> >menu items to work.  I can never seem to get these menu
> >items to be active.  They are always disabled.

> >However, CTRL-C, CTRL-V & CTRL-X work fine.

> I think that this was a bug in CCP in 32-bit in CW2.0 (I also
> encountered it and reported it). I do not know if it is fixed in
> CW2.001. What version are you using?

> George Barwood

I'm using CW2000.  I was using 2001 for a short period but
I found 2001 to be worse than 2000.  Anyway, the problem appears
to exist in 2000 & 2001.

What puzzles me is why it works in the "BoatRent" sample.

John Liptak..

Mon, 15 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 STD:Cut, STD:Copy & Paste in CW2

Quote:
>I'm using CW2000.  I was using 2001 for a short period but
>I found 2001 to be worse than 2000.  Anyway, the problem appears
>to exist in 2000 & 2001.
>What puzzles me is why it works in the "BoatRent" sample.
>John Liptak..

John,
  What specifically have you found to be worse?... I have been using
CW 2.001 since the initial beta, and have found not only the
environment, but the compiler to be much more stable.  Usually when
I have had GPF's I have found that it is because I have had an older
version of a DLL somewhere in my path, although this isn't always
true.

Mike Gould

| Michael Gould
| TopSpeed Corporation - Consulting Division
| Team TopSpeed - Internet

| CIS   :  71756,3176

Mon, 15 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Std:Cut, Std:Copy, Std:Paste - Don't work at all

2. Std:Copy, Std:Paste, Std:cut problems

3. C4 Bug?: STD:Cut, Copy, Paste

4. MIL-STD-973 & MIL-STD-498 issue

5. Using Cut Copy & Paste in Editable Listboxes

6. Copy(Cut) & Paste

7. Should MIL-STD-498 replace DOD-STD-2167A?

8. STD:Window - STD:NextWindow & STD:PreviousWindow?

9. STD:PASTE fail in a Button ToolBar

10. Std:Paste Fail in a button toolbar

11. Electronic copy of DOD-STD-2167A

12. Windows cut/copy/paste keys