A major bug or am i Crazy (or BOTH)
Author Message
 A major bug or am i Crazy (or BOTH)

Please see below code

code starts !!!!!!!!!!!!

 Checkopen(myndver)
 myv:n=1 ; get(myndver,Myv:VERD)
 If error() then message='Get error myndver'&error();sss;cycle.
  STOP(MYV:AUKA11)
  if myv:auka11='' then message='Senders email missing'; sss ; cycle.

code ends !!!!!!!!!!!!

 this is Clarion 2.1 data file
myv:auka11 string(20)
No Get error issued
SSS=splashscreen procedure

Tthe myv:auka11 parameter is proper in the stop window , but still i
get the SENders email missing message up  ?????????

What is going on here

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 A major bug or am i Crazy (or BOTH)
I don't see any reason why the stop should display a value different than
the following if statement sees.  It should work in that regard (barring
a typo where the stop is finding  MYV:AUKA1l  (the last character is a L
and not a 1) instead of MYV:AUKA11 or something similar.
        Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 A major bug or am i Crazy (or BOTH)
Quote:

>>>  If error() then message='Get error myndver'&error();sss;cycle.
>>>   STOP(MYV:AUKA11)
>>>   if myv:auka11='' then message='Senders email missing'; sss ; cycle.

>    Try:
>    If Clip(Myv:auka11)='' then ....

>    auka11 is 20 spaces and doesn't match null ('').
>    If auka11 was a CString(20) instead of a String(20), then the
>original check might have worked.

I tried it same result  -  what is the basic difference in string and
Cstring

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 A major bug or am i Crazy (or BOTH)
Greetings Elli,

The difference between CSTRING and STRING is that CSTRING is
innately clipped.  Here's an example to explain:

Cstringvar    CSTRING(10)
Stringvar     STRING(10)

Stringvar = 'HELLO'
MESSAGE('String field is ' & LEN(Stringvar) & ' characters')
Cstringvar = StringVar
MESSAGE('Cstring field is ' & LEN(Cstringvar) & ' characters')

You should get that the string variable is 10 characters and the
Cstring is 5 characters, because Clarion sees this:
Stringvar = 'HELLO     '
Cstringvar = 'HELLO<0>'

The null character <0> ends a Cstring, which lets Clarion save
a little memory when it's an empty field.  Clarion uses Cstring
fields internally, from what I've read, so the suggested change
may not have mattered.

Mark Kroflich
mark(a)lists-inc.com

Quote:

> I tried it same result  -  what is the basic difference in string and
> Cstring

>    Warm regards

>      Elli

> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MAJOR MAJOR bug in TCL 8.4

2. ExoSpace + Cld.lib: Am I crazy???

3. Am I crazy?

4. Am stupid and now going crazy...

5. am i crazy?

6. Major Bug in Regina - TestCase Included

7. Found *major* bug in TASM

8. Regarding MAJOR FPU bug in Pentium II

9. MAJOR Floating point bug discovered in Pentium II

10. Array Storage: row-major, column major, etc.

11. column-major and row-major

12. TkMail v1.5 (MAJOR BUG FIX)