Omitting detail from report
Author Message
 Omitting detail from report

G'day all,
I have manged to figure out how to print a report limited by date
range. What I can't do is to omit the detail section while retaining
the summary data in the footer of the report.

When I go to the detail section in the report formatter and set it to
FALSE, none of the report detail appears in the final report at all,
but then neither does the summary data!

I have detail for each record  indexed on date with ehader and footer,
plus surrounding breaks for month and year.

I really don't want to print the detail, only the summary. This used
to work with leagcy templates, but doesn't seem to wit ABC - can
anyone help please?

Phil

Philip Cumpston
JHL Consultants Pty Ltd

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Omitting detail from report
I had a similar problem with CW2.00x programs.  To print the summary
without the detail you MUST print atleast 1 detail record.  My solution
was to print a single detail line with one string field.  The contents of
the string field are not important, but must not be blank!  When
processing the report, the program must calculate the values that go in
the footer.  This is done as a part of the routine that gets the records.
Just be sure to call the print(detail_record) before closing the report!

Roger

Quote:

> G'day all,
> I have manged to figure out how to print a report limited by date
> range. What I can't do is to omit the detail section while retaining
> the summary data in the footer of the report.

> When I go to the detail section in the report formatter and set it to
> FALSE, none of the report detail appears in the final report at all,
> but then neither does the summary data!

> I have detail for each record  indexed on date with ehader and footer,
> plus surrounding breaks for month and year.

> I really don't want to print the detail, only the summary. This used
> to work with leagcy templates, but doesn't seem to wit ABC - can
> anyone help please?

> Phil

> Philip Cumpston
> JHL Consultants Pty Ltd

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Omitting detail from report
The easiest way of accomplishing this would be to set the detail height to
0 (along with any data fields in that detail) and hiding the data fields
(the one with the zero height)   This way the detail will print but nothing
will show  (you will need to make sure that there is an equate in the
Detail when you set the properties)
Example:
Report$?Detail{Prop:Height} = 0
Report$?Som:Variable{Prop:Hide} = TRUE
Report$?Som:Variable{Prop:height} = 0

HTH
--
Bill Mell

Quote:
> I really don't want to print the detail, only the summary. This used
> to work with leagcy templates, but doesn't seem to wit ABC - can
> anyone help please?

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Omitting detail from report
Hi Bill,

Quote:
>The easiest way of accomplishing this would be to set the detail height to
>0 (along with any data fields in that detail) and hiding the data fields
>(the one with the zero height)   This way the detail will print but nothing

Isn't it enough just to set the detail height to 0?  Will the fields
on it still print even if the detail is set to zero height?

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.90)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Omitting detail from report

Hi all,
thanks
I have tried Arnor's suggestion before, but found it didn't work - the
details till printed. I will try the suggestion Bill made - it makes a
lot of sense, but hadn't gone that far. A little experimentation
tomorrow should be interesting.....
Phil

Quote:

>Hi Bill,

>>The easiest way of accomplishing this would be to set the detail height to
>>0 (along with any data fields in that detail) and hiding the data fields
>>(the one with the zero height)   This way the detail will print but nothing

>Isn't it enough just to set the detail height to 0?  Will the fields
>on it still print even if the detail is set to zero height?

>Best regards,

>Arnor Baldvinsson
>[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
>Allerup Edb
>Denmark

>http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.90)
>UIN nr.: 2428601

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Omitting report display

2. HURRY - CW4 external Report Writer (TXR) and 2 detail on 1 report

3. CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header

4. Duplicate detail section in Report

5. Moving Report Detail At Runtime

6. API Printing Direct to Report Detail

7. 2nd Detail section on Report

8. variable picture in report detail

9. Sortorder at detail in a report.

10. changing picture of string in report detail

11. Arc - report - detail

12. Suppress detail line in Report