File not being able to close
Author Message
 File not being able to close

I have a small problem with Clarion, I'm wondering if this could be a bug in
Clarion.
I have a multipart .TPS file which I stick information, including server memos.
I have the Clacom 3rd party template which a use to send this file through
modem.  My problem is that when I try to close the file, it works ok the
first time I close the the files pertaining to my multi part .TPS, but if I
run the routing again, Clacom comes back with the error, can't open file.  I
think that the problem is Clarion not being able to close all the files,
maybe it's just not freeing up the File Handles, and when I open one more
file handle, it just can't open it.  I talked to Kenny about it and he
insists that it is Clarion that's at fault.
The compiled app is a 16 bit application, and does this, when I compile that
app at 32 bits it has no problem at all.

Anybody know if this is a bug and how to go around it besides compiling to
32 apps.

Roberto Renz
Consultores en Efectividad Gerencial.....

Sat, 02 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 File not being able to close

Hi Roberto,

I had similar problems with an app I've been working on for the
internet. What I found was that the problem seems to be with CW2.003's
thread control in 16 bit apps. When I made all my procedures single
threaded and carefully controlled the file access I got everything to
work without any problems. I also went to some length in the problematic
procedures to do very careful error checking to insure that all files
were indeed being closed when they were supposed to be.
--
Jim Katz
CTO CycleMart.com

Using Clarion for Windows
Always looking for the simpler solution.

Sat, 02 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am not able to read a barcode from a image

2. I am not able to execute new.ccf in coboldpc when I call coboldpc through labview

3. Device file not closing on close command

4. Closed file not really closed

5. Not able to open a file

6. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

7. Urgent!!Oracle9i:using ODBC, I am noy able to link to my database tables using Access

8. mdi app not closing down, some threads just won't close #2

9. to close or not to close?

10. NT Server not releasing some files on program close

11. NI_readwriteAVI.dll does not close file reference

12. problem with expect 5.30 and log_file not closing file