Close buttons not working ????
Author Message
 Close buttons not working ????

Hi All,

I have a client who has a NT4 with SP 4. Plenty of RAM, HDD etc etc

This situation applies only to Clarion apps. He cannot close any of the
windows that are open using the close button. The word close has the
underscore.
Ctrl F4 does not work; Alt C does not work

He can exit and app OK but just cannot close windows down.

Any experiences ???

Thanks

Tony York

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:47:44 GMT
 Close buttons not working ????
Tony, that seems to happen when you build a window with OK & Close buttons.
Go to the accept embed for the close button and type in
POST(EVENT:CloseWindow)

HTH
Faron

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I have a client who has a NT4 with SP 4. Plenty of RAM, HDD etc etc

> This situation applies only to Clarion apps. He cannot close any of the
> windows that are open using the close button. The word close has the
> underscore.
> Ctrl F4 does not work; Alt C does not work

> He can exit and app OK but just cannot close windows down.

> Any experiences ???

> Thanks

> Tony York

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:40:39 GMT
 Close buttons not working ????
Yes, I don't understand why there is a window with ok and close, when they
do not Ok and Close. I always need to insert the appropriate code.

Dan

Quote:
> Tony, that seems to happen when you build a window with OK & Close
buttons.
> Go to the accept embed for the close button and type in
> POST(EVENT:CloseWindow)

> HTH
> Faron

> > Hi All,

> > I have a client who has a NT4 with SP 4. Plenty of RAM, HDD etc etc

> > This situation applies only to Clarion apps. He cannot close any of the
> > windows that are open using the close button. The word close has the
> > underscore.
> > Ctrl F4 does not work; Alt C does not work

> > He can exit and app OK but just cannot close windows down.

> > Any experiences ???

> > Thanks

> > Tony York

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:15:20 GMT
 Close buttons not working ????
Especially as there are template OK and Close/Cancel buttons that you can
add to a window, and you then don't have to add the code yourself. Why
doesn't it use these by default?
Always confused me that one!

--
Regards
Bryan Harrison

Clarion 5.5 Gold
Windows 2000 SP1
Novell 5.0
--
Overworked 2.3
Stressed Out 2001

Quote:
> Yes, I don't understand why there is a window with ok and close, when they
> do not Ok and Close. I always need to insert the appropriate code.

> Dan

> > Tony, that seems to happen when you build a window with OK & Close
> buttons.
> > Go to the accept embed for the close button and type in
> > POST(EVENT:CloseWindow)

> > HTH
> > Faron

> > > Hi All,

> > > I have a client who has a NT4 with SP 4. Plenty of RAM, HDD etc etc

> > > This situation applies only to Clarion apps. He cannot close any of
the
> > > windows that are open using the close button. The word close has the
> > > underscore.
> > > Ctrl F4 does not work; Alt C does not work

> > > He can exit and app OK but just cannot close windows down.

> > > Any experiences ???

> > > Thanks

> > > Tony York

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 22:49:33 GMT
 Close buttons not working ????
Tony, go to the accepted embed of the ok and close buttons and insert the
Close Current Window and Procedure ABC Application builder class template.
you don't have to write any code.

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I have a client who has a NT4 with SP 4. Plenty of RAM, HDD etc etc

> This situation applies only to Clarion apps. He cannot close any of the
> windows that are open using the close button. The word close has the
> underscore.
> Ctrl F4 does not work; Alt C does not work

> He can exit and app OK but just cannot close windows down.

> Any experiences ???

> Thanks

> Tony York

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:00:30 GMT
 Close buttons not working ????
I'm not sure I understand the question?

If you are saying he cannot close Windows NT when there is a Clarion app
running, then this is a feature of Clarion apps.  You have to exit the
Clarion app before you can exit from Windows.  There is a template available
which gets around this feature, but I'm very reluctant to use it.

Regards,

Geoff B

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I have a client who has a NT4 with SP 4. Plenty of RAM, HDD etc etc

> This situation applies only to Clarion apps. He cannot close any of the
> windows that are open using the close button. The word close has the
> underscore.
> Ctrl F4 does not work; Alt C does not work

> He can exit and app OK but just cannot close windows down.

> Any experiences ???

> Thanks

> Tony York

Thu, 07 Aug 2003 02:03:58 GMT
 Close buttons not working ????
Thanks Geoff and others,

Sorry, I could not have made myself properly understood.

I use the template to close the window, that is not the problem. If
start a clarion app I can open a window within that app and I can close
that window a number of ways. I can click on a close button that is
populated on the window. I can also use the 'X' button, Ctrl F4, Alt C
(I added the underscore alert to the button text) and all of these close
that one window without problem. This also works fine on 999 users
machines OK. But this one chap !

He cannot use any of the above to close that window. He CAN end the app
by clicking an the frame 'X', File Exit, and an "Exit" button on the
toolbar.

He claims that all other windows apps work OK just the clarion ones that
do not. He did the usual computer restart just in case but to no avail.

As I said he is running NT4 with SP4 plenty of RAM and HDD, so It is a
mystery to me.

Any experiences like this

Thanks

Tony York

Quote:

> I'm not sure I understand the question?

> If you are saying he cannot close Windows NT when there is a Clarion app
> running, then this is a feature of Clarion apps.  You have to exit the
> Clarion app before you can exit from Windows.  There is a template available
> which gets around this feature, but I'm very reluctant to use it.

> Regards,

> Geoff B

> > Hi All,

> > I have a client who has a NT4 with SP 4. Plenty of RAM, HDD etc etc

> > This situation applies only to Clarion apps. He cannot close any of the
> > windows that are open using the close button. The word close has the
> > underscore.
> > Ctrl F4 does not work; Alt C does not work

> > He can exit and app OK but just cannot close windows down.

> > Any experiences ???

> > Thanks

> > Tony York

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:14:52 GMT
 Close buttons not working ????
Well... most probably there are some programs install like the Norton
Anti-virus that took over the control the the key that is controlling that
particular button.

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:
> Thanks Geoff and others,

> Sorry, I could not have made myself properly understood.

> I use the template to close the window, that is not the problem. If
> start a clarion app I can open a window within that app and I can close
> that window a number of ways. I can click on a close button that is
> populated on the window. I can also use the 'X' button, Ctrl F4, Alt C
> (I added the underscore alert to the button text) and all of these close
> that one window without problem. This also works fine on 999 users
> machines OK. But this one chap !

> He cannot use any of the above to close that window. He CAN end the app
> by clicking an the frame 'X', File Exit, and an "Exit" button on the
> toolbar.

> He claims that all other windows apps work OK just the clarion ones that
> do not. He did the usual computer restart just in case but to no avail.

> As I said he is running NT4 with SP4 plenty of RAM and HDD, so It is a
> mystery to me.

> Any experiences like this

> Thanks

> Tony York

> > I'm not sure I understand the question?

> > If you are saying he cannot close Windows NT when there is a Clarion app
> > running, then this is a feature of Clarion apps.  You have to exit the
> > Clarion app before you can exit from Windows.  There is a template
available
> > which gets around this feature, but I'm very reluctant to use it.

> > Regards,

> > Geoff B

> > > Hi All,

> > > I have a client who has a NT4 with SP 4. Plenty of RAM, HDD etc etc

> > > This situation applies only to Clarion apps. He cannot close any of
the
> > > windows that are open using the close button. The word close has the
> > > underscore.
> > > Ctrl F4 does not work; Alt C does not work

> > > He can exit and app OK but just cannot close windows down.

> > > Any experiences ???

> > > Thanks

> > > Tony York

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 23:20:12 GMT

1. Switching Tabs stops the close [X] button from working

2. Close buttons don't work

3. Strange thing: file.close did not show error but work wrong

4. why window.close() does not work in ie 5.5

5. Default Select Button not working

6. Populate dictionary fields button does not work

7. bind to mouse button does not work for windows

8. config buttons in notebook frames does not work?

9. Tk toolkit: Grab command not working with check button

10. mdi app not closing down, some threads just won't close #2

11. Device file not closing on close command

12. to close or not to close?