Unresolved External...using Multiple dll's
Author Message
 Unresolved External...using Multiple dll's

I'm separating a large app into multiple .dll's. All dll's use the same
dictionary.

Using CW2.003.

Scenario:
    dmdct.dll - contains all file declarations and global declarations.
    dmlib.dll  - contains some procedures and uses global variables in
dmdct.dll.
    sur.exe - uses both of the above.

    dmdct.dll compiles ok.
    dmlib.dll compiles, but when linking, Unresolved errors...occur on
global variables, even though I've set them up as externals, all of the
files work fine as externals.

Could somebody please tell me the correct way to set up global variables
between multiple .dll's.
This information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps,
Tim Searle

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Unresolved External...using Multiple dll's

Quote:
>I'm separating a large app into multiple .dll's. All dll's use the same
>dictionary.

>Using CW2.003.

Hi Tim

I'll mail you a demo.

(For any one else, it is on ice tips - called DllDemo.Zip)

Regards
Malcolm Collett
------------------------------
mcollett AT iafrica DOT com
==============================

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Unresolved External...using Multiple dll's
Hi Tim,

Try to compile the dll with the Storage Class as Default. If the compiler
aren't reporting any errors, there is some error referring to the dmdct.dll.

Check following in the dmdct.dll:
Make sure the box in General Tab: Generate Template Global Data as External
is UNCHECKED.
Global variables should have the Storage Class as Default.

Check following in the dmlib.dll:
Make sure the box in General Tab: Generate Template Global Data as External
is CHECKED.
Make sure the module dmdct.lib is regestered as ExternalDLL (You should find
it in the Module TAB).
Global variables should have the Storage Class as External - DLL.

Hope this helps.

Johannes

Quote:
>I'm separating a large app into multiple .dll's. All dll's use the same
>dictionary.

>Using CW2.003.

>Scenario:
>    dmdct.dll - contains all file declarations and global declarations.
>    dmlib.dll  - contains some procedures and uses global variables in
>dmdct.dll.
>    sur.exe - uses both of the above.

>    dmdct.dll compiles ok.
>    dmlib.dll compiles, but when linking, Unresolved errors...occur on
>global variables, even though I've set them up as externals, all of the
>files work fine as externals.

>Could somebody please tell me the correct way to set up global variables
>between multiple .dll's.
>This information would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks heaps,
>Tim Searle

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using DLL's or CIN's to talk to multiple Ethernet cards

2. Unresolved external '_Blt_GetVector'

3. Unresolved External with nonclarion DLL

4. Using External Dll's in Report Writer

5. Using external .DLL's

6. Link Error: Unresolved External global.dll in module.obj

7. External DLL can't find used UNITS

8. using external dll's in Python 2.0

9. Unresolved External error when linking a Fortran Dll from C++

10. MS For 5.1, quickwin DLL, YIELDQQ unresolved external

11. External link errors when using external Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition 2.15 dll

12. function calls to external dll in 'routine's