How to draw a box around a reportdetail with a resize textbox?
Author Message
 How to draw a box around a reportdetail with a resize textbox?

Hi all,

I need to print a report with a table-look. My problem is that if I place a
textbox with the resize-property set on the detail it expands the detail at
runtime to fit the size of the text-box. Now I need a way to set the height
of a box-control to the size of the detail after resizing so it looks like a
table is printed out on the report.

I hope you can help me.

--
Regards,

Henrik Kartin
Kartin Data
Denmark

Sun, 22 May 2005 18:51:33 GMT
 How to draw a box around a reportdetail with a resize textbox?

Quote:
> I need to print a report with a table-look. My problem is that if I place
> textbox with the resize-property set on the detail it expands the detail
at
> runtime to fit the size of the text-box. Now I need a way to set the
height
> of a box-control to the size of the detail after resizing so it looks like
> table is printed out on the report.

Hi! there is an EasyReport from http://www.ingasoftplus.com/id30.htm !
Try it !

Sun, 22 May 2005 19:27:50 GMT
 How to draw a box around a reportdetail with a resize textbox?
I went to the ingasoftplus website you mentioned but could not find any
prices for the products.  Where are they hidden?

Louis Andrews  C5ee(b) ABC
Augusta, GA

Quote:
> > I need to print a report with a table-look. My problem is that if I
place
> > textbox with the resize-property set on the detail it expands the detail
> at
> > runtime to fit the size of the text-box. Now I need a way to set the
> height
> > of a box-control to the size of the detail after resizing so it looks
like
> > table is printed out on the report.

> Hi! there is an EasyReport from http://www.ingasoftplus.com/id30.htm !
> Try it !

Sun, 22 May 2005 22:16:51 GMT
 How to draw a box around a reportdetail with a resize textbox?

Henrik,

        ! Adjust lines for multiple-line description
        SETTARGET(Report)

        LineLength  = (?Exp:Description{Prop:LineCount} - 1) * ?Exp:Description{Prop:LineHeight}

        LineH = ?Detail1{Prop:Height} + LineLength
        LineY = (-1) *  LineLength

        SETPOSITION(?Detail1,,LineY,,)  ! Detail band

        ?Line1{Prop:Height} = LineH  ! Vertical lines
        ?Line2{Prop:Height} = LineH
        ?Line3{Prop:Height} = LineH
        ?Line4{Prop:Height} = LineH
        ?Line5{Prop:Height} = LineH
        ?Line6{Prop:Height} = LineH
        ?Line7{Prop:Height} = LineH

        PRINT(RPT:Detail)

        SETPOSITION(?Detail1,0,0,,)  ! Detail band
        SETTARGET

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I need to print a report with a table-look. My problem is that if I place a
> textbox with the resize-property set on the detail it expands the detail at
> runtime to fit the size of the text-box. Now I need a way to set the height
> of a box-control to the size of the detail after resizing so it looks like a
> table is printed out on the report.

> I hope you can help me.

> --
> Regards,

> Henrik Kartin
> Kartin Data
> Denmark

Sun, 22 May 2005 22:35:31 GMT
 How to draw a box around a reportdetail with a resize textbox?
That way we solved this in CW1.0 was to determine the number of
lines programattically by opening a hidden window with a memo field,
setting it's memo control to the correct width (make sure you're
using the same type of units, and if DLUs then the same font) then
use Prop:LineCount and Prop:Line,x to extract the word wrapped
lines.

--
www.Tradesmens.com
Mark Goldberg

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I need to print a report with a table-look. My problem is that if
I place
> a textbox with the resize-property set on the detail it expands
the
> detail at runtime to fit the size of the text-box. Now I need a
way to
> set the height of a box-control to the size of the detail after
resizing
> so it looks like a table is printed out on the report.

> I hope you can help me.

> --
> Regards,

> Henrik Kartin
> Kartin Data
> Denmark

Sun, 22 May 2005 22:37:58 GMT
 How to draw a box around a reportdetail with a resize textbox?
Hi,

Get EASYREPORT, works perfect with a lot of options.

http://www.ingasoftplus.com/id30.htm

And

http://www.clarionshop.com/reviews/EASYREPORT_R.HTM

--
Regards

Johan de klerk
***********************

***********************

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I need to print a report with a table-look. My problem is that if I place
> textbox with the resize-property set on the detail it expands the detail
at
> runtime to fit the size of the text-box. Now I need a way to set the
height
> of a box-control to the size of the detail after resizing so it looks like
> table is printed out on the report.

> I hope you can help me.

> --
> Regards,

> Henrik Kartin
> Kartin Data
> Denmark

Sun, 22 May 2005 23:16:37 GMT
 How to draw a box around a reportdetail with a resize textbox?
Quote:
> I went to the ingasoftplus website you mentioned but could not find any
> prices for the products.  Where are they hidden?

Dear  Louis,

It just not mentioned on the site but all prices can be EASY :) found at
ClarionShop
http://www.clarionshop.com/index.htm?company=IngaSoftPlus

In the next version of our site we will of course include all prices!

Thank you!

Best regards,
Ingasoftplus

Welcome to the Ingasoftplus web site http://www.ingasoftplus.com !

Here you can find fantastic Clarion Add-ons products EasyExcel, EasyReport,
EasyMultiTag, EasyVersion , EasyDocker , EasyAnimation, The chSTD library,
EasyAutoEntry and EasyWinIco (freeware)! And also anti virus protection!

Mon, 23 May 2005 02:58:35 GMT

1. how to resize textboxes on report

2. resizing textbox with -height

3. Resizing of a list or textbox

4. Wrap-Around Spin Boxes Tip

5. Getting rid of border around text box?

6. printing front panel of VI - no borders appear around the indicator box values

7. Boxes around each widget

8. USer Resize Browse Box

9. Resizing text boxes for reports.

10. Resizing list box with sheet and frame

11. J Box drawing characters under X11

12. Draw box in a tab ?