Window menu does not work properly
Author Message
 Window menu does not work properly

Hi everybody!

Few weeks ago I posted following article on the news group comp.lang.clarion
and received no response.
Is there anybody out there who has experienced such a problem?
Any suggestions?

:: I have developed application in CW 2.000 and it works fine, but after
:: using splash screen (called from Help/About menu) my Window menu does
:: not work.
:: It even does not open as it does not have any item.
:: The same thing happens when I call procedure which disable some other
:: menu item and button on the toolbar. I use ?Item{PROP:DISABLED}=1 for
:: this purpose.
:: When this procedure is finished (ie. closed), disabled items are
:: enabled, but Window menu does not work.
::
:: What is happening? Is it a bug in CW 2.000 or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Miroslav

Miroslav Benak, BScEE
Computer Consultant
Microsoft Certified Proffesional                         Zagreb, Croatia

Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Window menu does not work properly

Quote:
> Any suggestions?
> :: I have developed application in CW 2.000 and it works fine, but after
> :: using splash screen (called from Help/About menu) my Window menu does
> :: not work.
> :: What is happening? Is it a bug in CW 2.000 or am I missing something?

The best tip I can give you is to examine the generated code (Procedure,
Source), try putting in a
MESSAGE('My Variable =  ' & myVar & '<10>' &|
         'The other = ' & theOther, 'debug')
to find out whats going on in the code.

How do you call your splash screen ? Any TARGET()-ing in it ? Try to just
remove the spalsh (Dont call it), what happens now?
16bit / 32 bit ?
A tip I got from Alexey, is something like this:
Define a global variable, like this, in the global data
refAppFrame     &WINDOW
refMenuItem     SHORT

Then, after opening the Frame
refAppFrame     &= AppFrame         ! The reference address of the framewindow with
caption 'AppFrame')
refMenuItem     = ?DisableItem          ! The ?use variable control-number for your item to
enable/disable

Then, you can, anywhere in your app, even the spalsh, do
refAppFrame$refMenuItem{PROP:Disable} = True            ! or False

--
HTH
Tom Jorgensen

Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Window menu doesn't work properly

2. RB3dSpace Not Working Properly

3. C5a - Shrink Wrap not working properly

4. Build command still not working properly

5. GETSYS todecpos function not working properly

6. App compiled in 32bit does not work properly

7. CW 2002-Standard Tutorial Not Working Properly (Repost)

8. CW 2002-Standard Tutorial Not Working Properly

9. ProgressBar not working properly in standard process template

10. Analog outputs of DAQ-6062 card not working properly

11. KOMODO not working properly

12. Expect does not seem to work properly.