C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD 
Author Message
 C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD

Did anybody who got the 2.003 patch on CD get the C++ and Modula-2
compilers as listed in the TopSpeed press release announcing CW 2.003?
We just got the upgrade in our department and I was interested in looking
at compilers but there doesn't seem to be anything on the CD except 2.003
and a *lot* of ads.

Matthew Wood



Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD

Hi Matthew,



Quote:
>Did anybody who got the 2.003 patch on CD get the C++ and Modula-2
>compilers as listed in the TopSpeed press release announcing CW 2.003?
>We just got the upgrade in our department and I was interested in looking
>at compilers but there doesn't seem to be anything on the CD except 2.003
>and a *lot* of ads.

Have no idea where they are on the CD, but they were installed on my
disk as requested.  Not sure, but think these files are the compilers:

Cw2asm32.exe  - 32 bit assembler compiler
Cw2asm16.dll  - 16 bit assembler compiler

Cw2cpp32.exe  - 32 bit c++ compiler
Cw2cpp16.dll  - 16 bit c++ compiler

Cw2mod32.exe  - 32 bit modula compiler
Cw2mod16.dll  - 16 bit modula compiler

Not much help about these - actually none that I've been able to
find;)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark


http://www.icetips.com

Opinions are mine, and mine alone!



Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD

Mattew,
My 2.003 CD is still "shipping", but as I understand you won't get C++ or
Modula2 IDE but only compilers. Can you take a look into your BIN
directory for i.e. CW2CPP32.DLL - this is 32-bit C++ compiler for CW.

--
Best regards,
Pawel Rzadkowski

CDN - Compact Disc Novelty
Krakow, Poland



Quote:
> Did anybody who got the 2.003 patch on CD get the C++ and Modula-2
> compilers as listed in the TopSpeed press release announcing CW 2.003?
> We just got the upgrade in our department and I was interested in looking
> at compilers but there doesn't seem to be anything on the CD except 2.003
> and a *lot* of ads.

> Matthew Wood




Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD

Arnor,

Add one of these non-Clarion languages in your project (like C++ for
example) and then compile.  The IDE will call the correct compiler and
continue on.  (Just don't mix C++ and Clarion in the same source file
<vbg>)

HTH,

--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed_Corporation.ConsultingDivision()

[Using MS Internet News on fortress.uccb.ns.ca]



Quote:
> Have no idea where they are on the CD, but they were installed on my
> disk as requested.  Not sure, but think these files are the compilers:

> Cw2asm32.exe  - 32 bit assembler compiler
> Cw2asm16.dll  - 16 bit assembler compiler

> Cw2cpp32.exe  - 32 bit c++ compiler
> Cw2cpp16.dll  - 16 bit c++ compiler

> Cw2mod32.exe  - 32 bit modula compiler
> Cw2mod16.dll  - 16 bit modula compiler

> Not much help about these - actually none that I've been able to
> find;)

> Best regards,

> Arnor Baldvinsson
> Allerup Edb
> Tel: +45 4675 7122
> Fax: +45 4675 7144
> Denmark


> http://www.icetips.com

> Opinions are mine, and mine alone!



Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD



Quote:
> Russ,

> I think an example program would go a long way. Is this doable by anyone
in
> the newsgroup?
> A thought, take a C++ source code example from the MSDN CD's and show how
> it can be compiled into a CW .exe

> Think it would make a great icetip too!

> Tom Foley

The main thing that would keep this from happening would be that there are
no header files.  Most of the MS header files that come with the Win32 SDK
have MS specific keywords and pragmas in them as well.  Porting is an
option..(something I have done...), but there are just some things that do
not port well. Specifically, the OLE header files are a mess!!!

I do have most of the base Win32 SDK ported...(User, Kernel, Shell,
Winsock, System....).  Also, the OLE header files.  Although they don't
work very well...(i.e. can only do late binding IDispatch->Invokes()...)

I can't post them though because they under license agreement...but it can
be done....

L8r,

E E Mindlin



Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD

Hi Russ,



Quote:
>Add one of these non-Clarion languages in your project (like C++ for
>example) and then compile.  The IDE will call the correct compiler and
>continue on.  (Just don't mix C++ and Clarion in the same source file
><vbg>)

What?<g>  There have been some calls about these compilers and some
have asked if it was possible to buy the docs for TS
C++/Modula/Assembler separately.  Think Bjarne spoke with someone at
TS last night, but forgot to ask him about it today.  Also been some
calls about not finding the files;)  I has some low level stuff in
assembler/Pascal that I would like to convert to TS assembler and,
well either modula or C++ (don't know either, so...;) We have the docs
for TS C++ at the office and the modula stuff too, but I need some
time to delve into it.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark


http://www.icetips.com

Opinions are mine, and mine alone!



Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD

Hi Tom,



Quote:
>I think an example program would go a long way. Is this doable by anyone in
>the newsgroup?
>A thought, take a C++ source code example from the MSDN CD's and show how
>it can be compiled into a CW .exe

>Think it would make a great icetip too!

Good idea:)  If anyone here can do it, I'll put it up (never done c++
so I don't qualify<g>)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark


http://www.icetips.com

Opinions are mine, and mine alone!



Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD



Quote:
>Did anybody who got the 2.003 patch on CD get the C++ and Modula-2
>compilers as listed in the TopSpeed press release announcing CW 2.003?
>We just got the upgrade in our department and I was interested in looking
>at compilers but there doesn't seem to be anything on the CD except 2.003
>and a *lot* of ads.

>Matthew Wood


Matthew,

 You don't get a separate IDE for the C/C++, Modula-2 and Assembler
compilers. If you read the portion of the manual on multi-language
programming, you will find that based upon the extention, the IDE
knows the proper compiler to call for a particular module.  You cannot
mix Clarion and C++ code in the same module, but you can have a
Clarion module and a separate C++ module in the same application.

HTH's

Mike Gould
TopSpeed Corporation - Consulting Division
Team TopSpeed - Internet

Michael Gould
TopSpeed Corporation - Consulting Division
Team TopSpeed - Internet



Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD

Russ,

I think an example program would go a long way. Is this doable by anyone in
the newsgroup?
A thought, take a C++ source code example from the MSDN CD's and show how
it can be compiled into a CW .exe

Think it would make a great icetip too!

Tom Foley



Quote:
> Arnor,

> Add one of these non-Clarion languages in your project (like C++ for
> example) and then compile.  The IDE will call the correct compiler and
> continue on.  (Just don't mix C++ and Clarion in the same source file
> <vbg>)

> HTH,

> --
> Russell B. Eggen
> Topspeed_Corporation.ConsultingDivision()

> [Using MS Internet News on fortress.uccb.ns.ca]



> > Have no idea where they are on the CD, but they were installed on my
> > disk as requested.  Not sure, but think these files are the compilers:

> > Cw2asm32.exe  - 32 bit assembler compiler
> > Cw2asm16.dll  - 16 bit assembler compiler

> > Cw2cpp32.exe  - 32 bit c++ compiler
> > Cw2cpp16.dll  - 16 bit c++ compiler

> > Cw2mod32.exe  - 32 bit modula compiler
> > Cw2mod16.dll  - 16 bit modula compiler

> > Not much help about these - actually none that I've been able to
> > find;)

> > Best regards,

> > Arnor Baldvinsson
> > Allerup Edb
> > Tel: +45 4675 7122
> > Fax: +45 4675 7144
> > Denmark


> > http://www.icetips.com

> > Opinions are mine, and mine alone!



Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 C++, Modula-2 and CW 2.003 CD

Tom,

Good idea.  However, I feel that someone on this list will beat me to it
<bg>.

--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed_Corporation.ConsultingDivision()

[Using MS Internet News on fortress.uccb.ns.ca]



Quote:
> Russ,

> I think an example program would go a long way. Is this doable by anyone
in
> the newsgroup?
> A thought, take a C++ source code example from the MSDN CD's and show how
> it can be compiled into a CW .exe

> Think it would make a great icetip too!

> Tom Foley



Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 10 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. CW 2.003 and Modula-2

2. Upgrade CW 2.003 to CW 4 ?

3. 2110 Dat Files to CW 2.003

4. Simulating SQL group by command in CW 2.003

5. File Conversion CW 2.003

6. CW 2.003 - attaching embeds to a browse

7. cw 2.003

8. NT CW 2.003 Clears field bug

9. CW 2.003 Print To File

10. CW 2.003 Change From 16 to 32

11. CW 2.003 Search Strings

12. CW 2.003 Template Registry

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software