Numeric Type Definition HELP???
Author Message
 Numeric Type Definition HELP???

I'm trying to read a numeric field  in a file that was produced by Borland
CC+ program.
The field is defined as a FLOAT and I try to read it with my definition as
BFLOAT4.

The value in the field after the read should be 3.50 however I get a value
of ZERO.

The hex value of the 4 bytes that are read is 00 00 60 40

I have tried reading this in various numeric data definitions but cannot get
this to give me the proper results.

Any suggestions??????

Sun, 15 May 2005 01:49:05 GMT
 Numeric Type Definition HELP???
I don't know Borland C++ but a standard 4-byte float would be SREAL in
Clarion; 8-byte would be a REAL.  BFLOAT4 would be equivalent to an old MS
BASIC SINGLE.

HTH,
Brad Kunkel
www.ibisoftware.com

Quote:
> I'm trying to read a numeric field  in a file that was produced by Borland
> CC+ program.
> The field is defined as a FLOAT and I try to read it with my definition as
> BFLOAT4.

> The value in the field after the read should be 3.50 however I get a value
> of ZERO.

> The hex value of the 4 bytes that are read is 00 00 60 40

> I have tried reading this in various numeric data definitions but cannot
get
> this to give me the proper results.

> Any suggestions??????

Sat, 21 May 2005 05:24:31 GMT

1. What are those numeric definition?

2. Numeric field definition

3. Numeric Types???

4. New type based on NUMERIC

5. Numeric types and overflows

6. Problems with the automatic conversion of numeric data types

7. Numeric types and concatenation

8. Aritmetics on numeric types

9. IEEE Numeric types (signed, unsigned)

10. Substitute for Standard Numeric types

11. Design Assumptions (was Substitute for Standard Numeric types)

12. Win32 - InvokeTypes numeric type codes