Office Templates - Excel problem
Author Message
 Office Templates - Excel problem

Hi,

I got problem using Office Templates
Im using Excel control to work with some excel file. The problem is, that
after closing Excel application the process is still active (until the
window in my clarion application is close)
and I cannot end it from source.

Window         WINDOW('Title'),AT(,,260,100),GRAY,
                           OLE,AT(33,18,10,10),USE(?SMExcel),TRN,HIDE
                           END
                           END

MSExcel1             MSExcelClass
[...]
MSExcel1.Init(Window,?SMExcel,1,1,1)
MSExcel1.CreateFile()
[...]
MSExcel1.Save('MyFile')
MSExcel1.Close(True)
MSExcel1.Quit()

The Excel Application has closed but the process EXCEL.EXE is still active.
I coudnt find any other method in help file that could help me with it.
Also such solution is not helpful:

MSExcel1             &MSExcelClass

MSExcel1 &= New(MSExcelClass)
MSExcel1.Init(Window,?SMExcel,1,1,1)
MSExcel1.CreateFile()

MSExcel1.Save('MyFile') ; MSExcel1.Close(True) ; MSExcel1.Quit()
Dispose(MSExcel1)

Only when I create another window in my procedure and put the controll on
that window,
then closing it causes that process Excell.exe to be killed. But I dont want
to create another window.
Can anyone help me how to kill Excel.exe without closing the active window?

Thanks,
Paul
(c55 , office 2000)

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:54:26 GMT
 Office Templates - Excel problem
kazuro,

Try:

Quote:
> MSExcel1.Quit()

?SMExcel{PROP:Deactivate}

--

Best regards,
Maarten

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 03:42:48 GMT
 Office Templates - Excel problem

Quote:
> kazuro,

> Try:
> > MSExcel1.Quit()
> ?SMExcel{PROP:Deactivate}

I've allready tried it  but it didn't help either. Thanks anyway.

Paul

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:08:15 GMT
 Office Templates - Excel problem
I too had same problem.
I did not find any other way than to write it in C++ instead, and call the
this C++ dll from Clarion.

Best regards,
Roar

Quote:
> Hi,

> I got problem using Office Templates
> Im using Excel control to work with some excel file. The problem is, that
> after closing Excel application the process is still active (until the
> window in my clarion application is close)
> and I cannot end it from source.

> Window         WINDOW('Title'),AT(,,260,100),GRAY,
>                            OLE,AT(33,18,10,10),USE(?SMExcel),TRN,HIDE
>                            END
>                            END

> MSExcel1             MSExcelClass
> [...]
> MSExcel1.Init(Window,?SMExcel,1,1,1)
> MSExcel1.CreateFile()
> [...]
> MSExcel1.Save('MyFile')
> MSExcel1.Close(True)
> MSExcel1.Quit()

> The Excel Application has closed but the process EXCEL.EXE is still
active.
> I coudnt find any other method in help file that could help me with it.
> Also such solution is not helpful:

> MSExcel1             &MSExcelClass

> MSExcel1 &= New(MSExcelClass)
> MSExcel1.Init(Window,?SMExcel,1,1,1)
> MSExcel1.CreateFile()

> MSExcel1.Save('MyFile') ; MSExcel1.Close(True) ; MSExcel1.Quit()
> Dispose(MSExcel1)

> Only when I create another window in my procedure and put the controll on
> that window,
> then closing it causes that process Excell.exe to be killed. But I dont
want
> to create another window.
> Can anyone help me how to kill Excel.exe without closing the active
window?

> Thanks,
> Paul
> (c55 , office 2000)

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 21:17:05 GMT
 Office Templates - Excel problem
Hi Paul,

Quote:
> I've allready tried it  but it didn't help either.

Pity :(

Quote:
>Only when I create another window in my procedure and put the controll
>on that window, then closing it causes that process Excell.exe to be killed.
>But I dont want to create another window.

Why not? Seems like a feasible workaround.
The 'other' window can stay hidden.
Or do you need to be able to work on this window while
Excel is open (which would become impossible then)?

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.08EE
Certainly Clarion Developer

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 03:14:04 GMT

1. Office Template - font in Excel ?

2. Using formula in SoftMasters Office Excel MSExcelAssign Method

3. How uses DDE in C5 PE with Microsoft Office 97 Excel

4. Office Template - delete sheets ?

5. Updated Office Templates documentation available

6. Office Templates - Missing icons

7. Office Templates

8. HTML Help and Office Template error

9. Office Templates

10. ANN: Office Templates v2.0 beta release

11. Office Templates v2.0 available soon!

12. Office templates in ENGLISH