RW4 report works great in 95, prints one record per page when shipped to WFW customer
Author Message
 RW4 report works great in 95, prints one record per page when shipped to WFW customer

Greetings and a Happy New Year to all,

Title pretty much says it all. I developed this report under Win95c
and shipped C4RUN, C4PRINT, C4TPS DLLs, along with my TXR report
library (one report) to my client,  where it promptly blew up on his
Windows For Workgoups machine,  printing 5110 pages in preview, with
exactly one record per page.  I created a test suite (same exact
components as shipped to client) on the developing system, renamed the
C4 directory to remove it from the path (to eliminate  possibility of
the Path statement finding any other required DLL which are not in the
Reports folder). It runs perfectly, drat it!
Is this a 16 bit vs 32 bit problem? I've found no information
regarding that in the RW .pdf or help file. Running it from a Program
Icon in Windows For Workgroups :
Command:        C:\CL_PROJ\RAMFILES\Report\C4PRINT.EXE a1_rpts.txr /W
Start In:               C:\CL_PROJ\RAMFILES\Report

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RW4 report works great in 95, prints one record per page when shipped to WFW customer
Check the printer driver. Are you using the same printer as the customer?
Check also the customer's paper settings.

I had this problem once with 2002. The customer is using Laserjet 5P and
while I develop and test with LaserJet III and EPSON LQ2170.

Regards
Rudy Sujanto

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RW4 report works great in 95, prints one record per page when shipped to WFW customer

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome so that we might grok this:

Quote:
>Check the printer driver. Are you using the same printer as the customer?
>Check also the customer's paper settings.

>I had this problem once with 2002. The customer is using Laserjet 5P and
>while I develop and test with LaserJet III and EPSON LQ2170.

>Regards
>Rudy Sujanto

THAT WAS IT! Printer driver related, when we switched his OL600e from
native to LJ II all misbehavior ceased.

Thanks very much, Rudy!
-- Steve
"Because it just *doesn't*, OK?"

Using CW1501, CWFin, TinTools

------------------------
All spammers use From: address above
------------------------

Checked monthly whether there's mail or not (mostly to remove spam)
------------------------

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multiple page report per record??

2. 3 records per page will not work

3. How to print a report with 4 pages for 1 record

4. Help with printing a single page/record report

5. cw2003 selecting and printing 2 people per page

6. need help on printing 2 forms per page

7. Labels printing one per 11"

8. getting data from nonrelated one-record file in report

9. Reports with One Parent and Two Child files(multiple records eacy)

10. Report header on page one only

11. Report header on page one only

12. Printing just one record...