Problem calling ShellExecute: Unresolved External
Author Message
 Problem calling ShellExecute: Unresolved External

Hello,

I want to call the ShellExecute Windows API function but
don't succeed because the compiler reports 'Unresolved
External' when linking the program.

I include the following definition inside the globals map;
before this, the data structures are included correctly.

MODULE('Windows.DLL')

ShellExecute(HWND,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,SIGNED),HINSTANCE,Pascal,RAW
END

The call of the function in the source code is listed below:

! the variables at the beginning of the line are def. as CSTRING
fcom        = CLIP(KTE:Command)
foperation  = 'open'
fpara       = ''
fdir        = Path()

hInst =
ShellExecute(QuickWindow{PROP:Handle},foperation,fcom,fpara,fdir,SW_SHOWDEFAULT)

I can't work out, where I can provide the fitting library
which contains the external function. Does someone else now this?

Thank you a priori,

Florian Sager

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem calling ShellExecute: Unresolved External
Hallo,

[...]

Frank Savini

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unresolved External Error when trying to use WINAPI call

2. unresolved external symbol while calling setvbuf3f

3. Unresolved External error snd C5clwx.exe problem

4. problem with MS-FORTRAN : unresolved external

5. ShellExecute after another ShellExecute

6. Unresolved External in vsa_cftp.obj ?

7. Unresolved External ds_FILEOPEN in ...

8. Unresolved external ds_FILEOPEN in abfile.OBJ !?!?!

9. Unresolved External with nonclarion DLL

10. Link Error: Unresolved External _CLAFindWindow@ in .....

11. Link Error: Unresolved External Wsl@LibInstance in BTRWON.OBJ

12. Unresolved externals - Help!!