Icons too big
Author Message
 Icons too big

Can anyone tell me where I can get small icons or make the icons I have
smaller. I have created a tree browse which's works fine. Only problem is
the icons at each level are {*filter*}- too big so you only see part of icon in
the space where the icon sits.

I am looking for the ones that are in windows, i.e. look at the folders icon
tree in Outlook or Outlook express - just the right size...

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 04:08:39 GMT
 Icons too big
Stephen,

Place your small 16x16 icon image inside the 32x32 icon format.
This will then give you the look you are after.  Unfortunately, CW (except
C6) does not support anything other than 32x32 formats.

HTH,
Doug

Quote:
> Can anyone tell me where I can get small icons or make the icons I have
> smaller. I have created a tree browse which's works fine. Only problem is
> the icons at each level are {*filter*}- too big so you only see part of icon in
> the space where the icon sits.

> I am looking for the ones that are in windows, i.e. look at the folders
icon
> tree in Outlook or Outlook express - just the right size...

> Any help appreciated.

> Thanks

> Steve

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 04:27:20 GMT
 Icons too big
Doug,

Not sure what you mean?

Steve

Quote:
> Stephen,

> Place your small 16x16 icon image inside the 32x32 icon format.
> This will then give you the look you are after.  Unfortunately, CW (except
> C6) does not support anything other than 32x32 formats.

> HTH,
> Doug

> > Can anyone tell me where I can get small icons or make the icons I have
> > smaller. I have created a tree browse which's works fine. Only problem
is
> > the icons at each level are {*filter*}- too big so you only see part of icon
in
> > the space where the icon sits.

> > I am looking for the ones that are in windows, i.e. look at the folders
> icon
> > tree in Outlook or Outlook express - just the right size...

> > Any help appreciated.

> > Thanks

> > Steve

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 04:35:03 GMT
 Icons too big
Use the center 16x16 pixels of a 32x32 icon with transparent for the 8
pixel border around the center section.

Also, if you want to use larger icons set the line height for the
listbox to fit, ?List{PROP:LineHeight}=whatever.

--
Lee White

Lodestar Software         www.CWaddons.com
DeveloperPLUS Corporation www.DeveloperPLUS.com

> Doug,

> Not sure what you mean?

> Steve

> > Stephen,

> > Place your small 16x16 icon image inside the 32x32 icon format.
> > This will then give you the look you are after.  Unfortunately, CW
(except
> > C6) does not support anything other than 32x32 formats.

> > HTH,
> > Doug

> > > Can anyone tell me where I can get small icons or make the icons I
have
> > > smaller. I have created a tree browse which's works fine. Only
problem
> is
> > > the icons at each level are {*filter*}- too big so you only see part of
icon
> in
> > > the space where the icon sits.

> > > I am looking for the ones that are in windows, i.e. look at the
folders
> > icon
> > > tree in Outlook or Outlook express - just the right size...

> > > Any help appreciated.

> > > Thanks

> > > Steve

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 05:03:54 GMT
 Icons too big
Stephen,

Exactly what Lee said.  However, I assumed that you owned an Icon editing
tool, so that you can manipulate the image.
Some popular icon editors are MicroAngelo or Axialis IconWorkshop.  There
are many others, but they all should do what I and Lee have explained.

HTH,
Doug

Quote:
> Use the center 16x16 pixels of a 32x32 icon with transparent for the 8
> pixel border around the center section.

> Also, if you want to use larger icons set the line height for the
> listbox to fit, ?List{PROP:LineHeight}=whatever.

> --
> Lee White

> Lodestar Software         www.CWaddons.com
> DeveloperPLUS Corporation www.DeveloperPLUS.com

> > Doug,

> > Not sure what you mean?

> > Steve

> > > Stephen,

> > > Place your small 16x16 icon image inside the 32x32 icon format.
> > > This will then give you the look you are after.  Unfortunately, CW
> (except
> > > C6) does not support anything other than 32x32 formats.

> > > HTH,
> > > Doug

> have
> problem
> > is
> icon
> > in

> folders
> > > icon

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 05:31:30 GMT
 Icons too big
Hi Stephen,

If you don't own an icon editor yet, the easiest/cheapest one I've found is
ArtIcons Pro, from www.aha-soft.com .  I use this for quick work (I use
Axialis Icon Workshop from www.axialis.com for serious work).

In any icon editor, you can open your larger icon, then create a smaller
icon (16x16 for the size you want) from the larger image.  The icon editor
will resize the image for you.

However, you're not done for using the small icon in Clarion. <g>  Now,
create a new icon file, with a blank, 32x32 size icon (be sure that the
background color is transparent).  Copy the 16x16 image from the other icon
file, and paste it into the middle of your new, blank 32x32 icon.  Now save
that one, and use it where you want that smaller icon to show.

The thing about Clarion and icons is that Clarion ALWAYS assumes that you're
using a 32x32 size icon.  Let's say you saved that 16x16 icon in it's 16x16
size, then tried using it in Clarion.  Clarion would resize the 16x16 icon
to 32x32.  Ugly.  So, you have to create a 32x32 size icon with a small
image image in the center, and the rest transparent, to get that small icon
to show up in Clarion.

I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish that Soft Velocity would update Clarion to
use normal ICO resource files, like every other development environment
does.

--
Susan Pichotta
Ace Icons, GIFs, Backgrounds & Buttons    www.aceicons.com

Quote:
> Can anyone tell me where I can get small icons or make the icons I have
> smaller. I have created a tree browse which's works fine. Only problem is
> the icons at each level are {*filter*}- too big so you only see part of icon in
> the space where the icon sits.

> I am looking for the ones that are in windows, i.e. look at the folders
icon
> tree in Outlook or Outlook express - just the right size...

> Any help appreciated.

> Thanks

> Steve

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 23:06:38 GMT

1. Icon button, too big

2. BIG icons in popups (now in Legacy)

3. ICONS, ICONS, ICONS....

4. ICONS, ICONS, ICONS

5. Icons Icons Icons

6. A BIG BIG thanks and a merry Xmas

7. BIG problem with BIG designs in SYNOPSYS

8. Examples of big VHDL codes for big Altera chips

9. BIG BIG PROBLEM. Please reply

10. big arrays cause big object files in g77

12. Tk and big (BIG) fonts