clarion dat file conversion to Access
Author Message
 clarion dat file conversion to Access

Is there a file converter to convert dat files to
ascii so therefore convert to access97? Also the
dat file stores the date fileds as a five digit
number, ie 72496 = 6/24/99. any conversion for
this?

Thanks,
 Marc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 clarion dat file conversion to Access
if DAY(Ren:JobRunDate) =< 9 AND MONTH(Ren:JobRunDate) =< 9
    SAG:Date            =
'0'&DAY(Ren:JobRunDate)&'0'&MONTH(Ren:JobRunDate)&SUB(YEAR(Ren:JobRunDate),3
,2)

ELSIF DAY(Ren:JobRunDate) => 10 AND MONTH(Ren:JobRunDate) =< 9
    SAG:Date            = DAY(Ren:JobRunDate)& '0' &MONTH(Ren:JobRunDate)
&SUB(YEAR(Ren:JobRunDate),3,2)

ELSIF DAY(Ren:JobRunDate) =< 9 AND MONTH(Ren:JobRunDate) => 10
    SAG:Date            =
'0'&DAY(Ren:JobRunDate)&MONTH(Ren:JobRunDate)&SUB(YEAR(Ren:JobRunDate),3,2)

ELSE
    SAG:Date            =
DAY(Ren:JobRunDate)&MONTH(Ren:JobRunDate)&SUB(YEAR(Ren:JobRunDate),3,2)
END

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 clarion dat file conversion to Access
There is a utility, but the dates are a problem in any event.  I think
I'd approach this by writing a simple batch program that deformats the
date.

Eric

Quote:

>Is there a file converter to convert dat files to
>ascii so therefore convert to access97? Also the
>dat file stores the date fileds as a five digit
>number, ie 72496 = 6/24/99. any conversion for
>this?

>Thanks,
> Marc

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 clarion dat file conversion to Access
Hi Marc:

You could write some simple code to do the conversion. You
could also use the external report writer to create a "report"
that formats each record as a "comma delimited" line, without
any page breaks or special symbol formatting. Then print the
report to a file.

Quote:

> Is there a file converter to convert dat files to
> ascii so therefore convert to access97? Also the
> dat file stores the date fileds as a five digit
> number, ie 72496 = 6/24/99. any conversion for
> this?

> Thanks,
>  Marc

 Randy Goodhew
 =[oooooooooo]=

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. conversion utility to convert DOS clarion .dat file to .dbf

2. Conversion of clarion *.dat to *.csv files

3. MS/Access reading Clarion .DAT files

4. clarion *.dat to CSV conversion

5. Clarion *.dat Conversion to ascii delimited format (csv)

6. Old Clarion .dat to .dbf conversion

7. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

8. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

9. Exporting Clarion DAT file to ASCII(Text)File

10. Conversion from RM Cobol dat files

11. .dat and .idx file conversion

12. Conversion from RM Cobol dat files