Next vs. Access.fliename.Next()
Author Message
 Next vs. Access.fliename.Next()

Greetings to all.

I've just moved from 1.5 to 4 and can't seem to find reference to the new
object / method based file access syntax.

I noticed how the application converter changes commands like Next into
methods of the file object but I can't find this in the documentation.

Any suggestions on where to look ?

Many thanks

Wayne de Villiers

Cape Town, South Africa

Wed, 05 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Next vs. Access.fliename.Next()

Read the Application Handbook. ( this one IS printed....) <bad, bad, I
know....> <g>

--
Bernard Grosperrin, Alias(Bernie)
BG Consultants

Clarion Web Site :http://www.cwsuperpage.com/bernie

Quote:
>Greetings to all.

>I've just moved from 1.5 to 4 and can't seem to find reference to the new
>object / method based file access syntax.

>I noticed how the application converter changes commands like Next into
>methods of the file object but I can't find this in the documentation.

>Any suggestions on where to look ?

>Many thanks

>Wayne de Villiers

>Cape Town, South Africa

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Next vs. Access.fliename.Next()

Greetings to all.
I've just moved from 1.5 to 4 and can't seem to find reference to the new
object / method based file access syntax.
I noticed how the application converter changes commands like Next into
methods of the file object but I can't find this in the documentation.
Any suggestions on where to look ?
Many thanks
Wayne de Villiers

Cape Town, South Africa

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NeXT/NeXT STEP Oberon?

2. Array#next - Enumerable#next ?

3. call-next-next-method

4. Future drafts (and final copies) of next Standard - restricted access

5. Objective-C/NeXT IB vs TCL/Tk for building UIs

6. NeXT vs. Smalltalk

7. Next generation virtual OS written in Smalltalk

8. Java really *is* the next version of Visual Basic

9. APL display postscript font for NeXT

10. Possible Catenation Bug In J 5.0 for the NeXT

11. Next APL Conference: APL92 6-10 July 1992 St. Petersburg, Russia

12. J for the NeXT