Printing Word Document in Clarion App
Author Message
 Printing Word Document in Clarion App

I recently got an assignment where I need to print a word document to accompany
a Clarion report. Never having done this I thought I'd see if anyone out there
had any suggestions as to the easiest way to accomplish this.  Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Word Document in Clarion App
Hi David,

| I recently got an assignment where I need to print a word document to
accompany
| a Clarion report. Never having done this I thought I'd see if anyone
out there
| had any suggestions as to the easiest way to accomplish this.  Any
help is
| greatly appreciated.

If you know how to use ShellExecute API, it is very easy to do, if you
don't, Arnor Baldvinsson made a template to do ShellExecute stuff, it is
on his site:
www.icetips.com

Best regards,

--
Olivier Cretey
Tl: (0)1 3965 9076

http://www.cia-informatique.com
Verneuil sur Seine (78), France.

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Word Document in Clarion App
Quote:

> I recently got an assignment where I need to print a word document to accompany
> a Clarion report. Never having done this I thought I'd see if anyone out there
> had any suggestions as to the easiest way to accomplish this.  Any help is
> greatly appreciated.

ShellExecuteEX is the easiest way to get word to print it. For a recent job I had
to route the document to a specific printer. To do that I use OLE to control
Word.  With OLE you can do by program almost anything you can do at the keyboard
manually typing into work including setting printers.
-----------
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Word Document in Clarion App

Quote:

> I recently got an assignment where I need to print a word document to accompany
> a Clarion report. Never having done this I thought I'd see if anyone out there
> had any suggestions as to the easiest way to accomplish this.  Any help is
> greatly appreciated.

If you just need to open Word, use ShellExecute or OLE. Icetips.com might have
some sample code for you on both of them.

If you need to do something like a mail merge, the Arco reporter is an excellent
product.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing MS-WORD documents

2. printing word-documents from browse-box

3. The best solution for printing report into MS Word document

4. Printing Report to MS Word Document

5. Printing word documents

6. tcom. Print pages from MS Word document

7. Scanning documents from a Clarion app

8. Printing Word/Excel from a CW app

9. MS word and Clarion app

10. How to run Word macro in Clarion app.

11. Convert Clarion 2.0 app to Clarion 5.5 apps.

12. Close a Clarion app from another Clarion app?