Color Field in Browse
Author Message
 Color Field in Browse

HI,
is Possible, in a browse, to color the line of one determined column
to second of the content of a variable one or the field of a record?
Es. IF  Field-column1 = 0
        Field-column2  = BLACK
      ELSE
        Field-column2 = BLU
      END

Thanks in advance
        MAX

Alla prossima.
MAX.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Color Field in Browse
Max:

Yes.  For anybody's information, this is one of the lessons on the
Essentials CD (unfortunately, I already knew how).

In the window formatter, right click on your list box.
Select "Actions"
Go to the "Colors" tab.  If you haven't set up for  colors, there will be
instructions.
Close the list properties.
Right click on the list box, and select listbox formatter.
For each column you wish to color, select the column and check the color
box.
Close the formatter.
Right Click, Actions, go to the color tab.
Now, you'll have a box with the variables you want to color.
Select one and chose properties.
Insert a conditional color assignment
In the Condition field:  Field-column1 <>0, and foreground normal
Color:Blue.

That should do it.

Quote:
> HI,
> is Possible, in a browse, to color the line of one determined column
> to second of the content of a variable one or the field of a record?
> Es. IF  Field-column1 = 0
> Field-column2  = BLACK
>       ELSE
> Field-column2 = BLU
>       END

> Thanks in advance
> MAX

> Alla prossima.
> MAX.

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Color Field in Browse

Quote:
>Max:

>Yes.  For anybody's information, this is one of the lessons on the
>Essentials CD (unfortunately, I already knew how).

>In the window formatter, right click on your list box.
>Select "Actions"
>Go to the "Colors" tab.  If you haven't set up for  colors, there will be
>instructions.
>Close the list properties.
>Right click on the list box, and select listbox formatter.
>For each column you wish to color, select the column and check the color
>box.
>Close the formatter.
>Right Click, Actions, go to the color tab.
>Now, you'll have a box with the variables you want to color.
>Select one and chose properties.
>Insert a conditional color assignment
>In the Condition field:  Field-column1 <>0, and foreground normal
>Color:Blue.

It works.  Thanks

Alla prossima.
MAX.

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Color Field in Browse
Max:

Your welcome.  Glad to help.

Bob

Wed, 01 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. conditionally color one FIELD in a browse

2. Color Browse List Box field

3. Color a record in a browse list box by condition of the field in that record

4. Color in Browse

5. browse column colors at runtime.

6. Coloring a line in a browse

7. Cw2003: Coloring lines in browse.

8. Browse Color Question

9. Color in Browse depending on an variable

10. cw2003 Setting text color in browse box

11. coloring browse list

12. Implicit Variables formatting Browse Box columns and Color Properties using C5PE