Embed points for double entry or templates for double entry bookkeeping
Author Message
 Embed points for double entry or templates for double entry bookkeeping

I'm porting my double entry bookkeeping system from Clarion 2.1 for
DOS (was mostly handcrafted code) to Clarion 5.5 PE with the ABC
templates.  Every transaction has to have two linked records in the
transaction file -- one with the source account number, the other with
the destination account number (both in the same account number
field).

I want to have browse and entry forms that show all of the records
with a specific account number in the account number field. Any time a
record is added/changed/deleted, the 'partner' record has to be
automatically added/changed/deleted under the covers. Which ABC embed
points do I use to handle the 'partner' record?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good 3rd party library/template
set that handles the double entry part but allows me to customize the
forms and data tables?

Thanks,
Steve and Roberta Rothkin
Dancemasters Disc Jockey Entertainers--WE MAKE YOUR PARTY FUN!
Poughkeepsie, NY

Voice: (914) 452-8798
Fax:   (914) 471-2728
World Wide Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/
Member American Disc Jockey Association

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:13:53 GMT

1. Double entry points??

2. Newbie Help required: Deleting double entries in a line ($0)

3. double click on browse - embed point?

4. How do I do double entries in ABC?

5. Double-click on an entry field

6. Listbox losing selection on entry double-click

7. Double Click in Entry fields

8. entry double click problem

9. double/double==integer test?

10. Casting an Eiffel Array2 [DOUBLE] object to a C array of doubles

11. double precision floating point arithmetic

12. C++ user needs help with floating point, long double