Connecting to mySQL on Unix server
Author Message
 Connecting to mySQL on Unix server

Can you recommend the best way to enable a client to connect to a mySQL web
server file system?  I have a client that is running a web application
hosted on a Unix machine.  The web app is written in Perl if that makes a
difference.

I desire to build a Clarion app that will allow my client to connect
directly to his file system from a client-side app. so that they can
maintain (insert, edit, remove) records from the mySQL file system.  Can
this be done in a reliable way using a Clarion 3rd party product?

Thanks

Fri, 30 May 2003 20:14:41 GMT
 Connecting to mySQL on Unix server
If you can run the application from an NT machine, there is no problem
writint this with the Web template (c5.5)
The app beeing on NT and the files (via ODBC) on the UNIX server.

If you do not need to access the Internet or the Intranet, plain Clarion app
will be ok using the MySQL odbc driver on the workstations.

For the SQL part of this you might consider the CCS templates.

--
Didier
http://www.francened.com/clarion.htm

Fri, 30 May 2003 20:46:27 GMT
 Connecting to mySQL on Unix server
Dave Harms is doing that.  He wrote three articles on the subject for
Clarion Magazine (www.clarionmag.com).

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 07:14:41 -0500, "Adam Anderson"

Quote:

>Can you recommend the best way to enable a client to connect to a mySQL web
>server file system?  I have a client that is running a web application
>hosted on a Unix machine.  The web app is written in Perl if that makes a
>difference.

>I desire to build a Clarion app that will allow my client to connect
>directly to his file system from a client-side app. so that they can
>maintain (insert, edit, remove) records from the mySQL file system.  Can
>this be done in a reliable way using a Clarion 3rd party product?

>Thanks

Sat, 31 May 2003 03:49:40 GMT
 Connecting to mySQL on Unix server
You don't even need a third-party product.  All you need is the myODBC
driver which is free (public domain).  There are problems with some
versions of the driver, so do read the article on
http://www.clarionmag.com

You install the myODBC driver and create a System DSN entry.  You will
need to know the hostname and a valid username and password.  Then you
can simply connect to web and import the tables from the server using
the ODBC driver.

A standard Clarion apps normally work.  You need to watch out for all
the usual client/server issues: primary key, unique identifier,
autonumbering on the backend, etc

Richard

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 00:32:38 GMT

1. PHP can't connect to MySQL server

2. MySQL locally vs. MySQL on server

3. MySQL-Connect ?

4. Using ClarioNET to connect to Linux mySQL

5. Php 4.2.3 with Apache 2 don't connect with Mysql

6. connecting Clarion-apps to MySQL Database

7. Connecting to MySql using C55

8. Connecting to MySQL

9. connecting win32com and mysql

10. Connecting to a MySQL dbserver on Windows

11. Newbie: How to connect to MySQL?

12. Python MySQL.connect() question