Controlling whether windows open visibly
Author Message
 Controlling whether windows open visibly

My application contains an idle (source) procedure which runs an FTP file
retrieval and copy process every 15 mins.  The idle procedure calls a series
of windows and processes which are normally visible, showing transfer
progress, etc.  When the application is minimized, I'd like to have the
process windows run without being made visible, so they don't interrupt the
user.

I don't know that this matters, but the application uses one of the ABCFree
extension templates to allow the app to minimize to the taskbar.

Thanks for any help!

Bob Hoffmann

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:46:53 GMT
 Controlling whether windows open visibly
Bob,

setting 0{prop:hide} = true will hide the active window,
you could maybe set a global variable to flag the window status,
if your main window is set to 'immediate' the following events are available
to update your status variable

on EVENT:Iconized, set it to true
on EVENT:Maximized/EVENT:Restored set it to false

then when your processes run you could check if this var was true and if so,
set 0{prop:hide} to true

Regards

Owen

----

9560 8055 fax: +61 3 9560 0700

Quote:
> My application contains an idle (source) procedure which runs an FTP file
> retrieval and copy process every 15 mins.  The idle procedure calls a
series
> of windows and processes which are normally visible, showing transfer
> progress, etc.  When the application is minimized, I'd like to have the
> process windows run without being made visible, so they don't interrupt
the
> user.

> I don't know that this matters, but the application uses one of the
ABCFree
> extension templates to allow the app to minimize to the taskbar.

> Thanks for any help!

> Bob Hoffmann

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:36:38 GMT
 Controlling whether windows open visibly
you can simply "hide" the window to make it invisible. ie

window{prop:hide} = 1

Cheers
Bruce

Quote:
> My application contains an idle (source) procedure which runs an FTP file
> retrieval and copy process every 15 mins.  The idle procedure calls a
series
> of windows and processes which are normally visible, showing transfer
> progress, etc.  When the application is minimized, I'd like to have the
> process windows run without being made visible, so they don't interrupt
the
> user.

> I don't know that this matters, but the application uses one of the
ABCFree
> extension templates to allow the app to minimize to the taskbar.

> Thanks for any help!

> Bob Hoffmann

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:52:18 GMT
 Controlling whether windows open visibly
Sorry Bruce, but I'm still a novice (but at least I'm a novice that's smart
enough to use your software) clarion programmer.  How  do I detect the
frame's current state, i.e. minimized?  Thanks!

Quote:
> you can simply "hide" the window to make it invisible. ie

> window{prop:hide} = 1

> Cheers
> Bruce

> > My application contains an idle (source) procedure which runs an FTP
file
> > retrieval and copy process every 15 mins.  The idle procedure calls a
> series
> > of windows and processes which are normally visible, showing transfer
> > progress, etc.  When the application is minimized, I'd like to have the
> > process windows run without being made visible, so they don't interrupt
> the
> > user.

> > I don't know that this matters, but the application uses one of the
> ABCFree
> > extension templates to allow the app to minimize to the taskbar.

> > Thanks for any help!

> > Bob Hoffmann

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:39:06 GMT
 Controlling whether windows open visibly
Well, there is an embed, event iconize or minimized or something
like that that you may be able to use.

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0

Quote:
> Sorry Bruce, but I'm still a novice (but at least I'm a novice that's
smart
> enough to use your software) clarion programmer.  How  do I detect the
> frame's current state, i.e. minimized?  Thanks!

> > you can simply "hide" the window to make it invisible. ie

> > window{prop:hide} = 1

> > Cheers
> > Bruce

> > > My application contains an idle (source) procedure which runs an FTP
> file
> > > retrieval and copy process every 15 mins.  The idle procedure calls a
> > series
> > > of windows and processes which are normally visible, showing transfer
> > > progress, etc.  When the application is minimized, I'd like to have
the
> > > process windows run without being made visible, so they don't
interrupt
> > the
> > > user.

> > > I don't know that this matters, but the application uses one of the
> > ABCFree
> > > extension templates to allow the app to minimize to the taskbar.

> > > Thanks for any help!

> > > Bob Hoffmann

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:49:50 GMT

1. How to determine whether port is open?

2. Check whether a cash drawer is open

3. How to know whether a file is opened?

4. Checking whether a file is open

5. Detecting whether this is Linux or Windows ?

6. Realbasic opens a window without a NewDocument event on opening the application

7. multiple open windows of the same window class

8. Window Open() refuses to accept Window.Left changes?

9. Error opening window on Window NT

10. Lookup window opens behind the calling window

11. 2003 32 bit- Window opening behind another window

12. opening files in windows and putting seperators in windows