?list{proplist:width+proplist:group,SomeNr} does change field width, not group width
Author Message
 ?list{proplist:width+proplist:group,SomeNr} does change field width, not group width

Hi

?list{proplist:width+proplist:group,NR}=SomeNumber

should change the width of *group* number NR. In
fact, it changes the width of *field* number NR.

For example:

Group 1 | Group 2
-----------------
Field 1 | Field 4
Field 2 | .....
Field 3 | .....
-----------------

?list{proplist:width+proplist:group, 2 }=120

should set the width of Group 2 to 120. But it
sets the width of *Field* 2 in Group 1 to 120
which in turn changes the width of Group 1.
Width of Group 2 remains unchanged.

If I address Group 4, Group 2 is changed through
changing width of Field 4 in Group 2.

Hope I made things clear. Obviously, the
proplist:group part of the property assignment
is ignored.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for help.
R. Gathmann

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:13:41 GMT
 ?list{proplist:width+proplist:group,SomeNr} does change field width, not group width

Quote:

> Hi

> ?list{proplist:width+proplist:group,NR}=SomeNumber

> should change the width of *group* number NR. In

  No, it should not. NR - is a COLUMN number, not a GROUP. ALWAYS!

Quote:
> fact, it changes the width of *field* number NR.

  That's right.

Quote:
> For example:

> Group 1 | Group 2
> -----------------
> Field 1 | Field 4
> Field 2 | .....
> Field 3 | .....
> -----------------

> ?list{proplist:width+proplist:group, 2 }=120

> should set the width of Group 2 to 120.

  To change the width of Group 2 you must write folowing:
  ?List{PROPLIST:Width + PROPLIST:Group,4} = 100
  I.e. to change the width of a group you must change the FIRST column
  in the group.

Best regards,
Alex Timkov

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:04:20 GMT
 ?list{proplist:width+proplist:group,SomeNr} does change field width, not group width
Ralph Gathmann schrieb:

old posting from a new newsserver. disregard.

Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:21:44 GMT

1. ?Browse:1{PROPLIST:Width,7} = 0 not working

2. {PROPList:Width,n} disabling DRAG and DROP

3. Tcl code to convert half-width kana (hankaku) to full width (zenkaku)

4. TkTable : width in pixels / width in chars

5. Things like (floor (/ (- fixed-width comp-width) 2))

6. Convert pixels width to character width

7. PROPLIST:MouseMoveRow, etc

8. Correct use of PROPLIST:Picture

9. C4: PROPLIST:Icon Problem

10. PROPLIST:MouseDownField