Parent-child browse scrolling problem
Author Message
 Parent-child browse scrolling problem

I am using C5 with the legacy templates.

I have a browsewindow with a parent browse and a child browse. The
child browse has a range limit on a code, linking it to the parent
browse. Selecting a record in the parent browse will select the
correct records for the child browse.

The problems start when there are to many records in the child browse
are to display. When i use the mouse to scroll, all the records are
shown. The browse is scrolled down as it is supposed to.
When i try to use the keyboard to scroll, i can only access the
records that are displayed at that time. The browse will not scroll
further down or up. This is a major problem.

If i remove the range limit on the child browse, then all the records
are shown, but there no longer is a problem with scrolling when using
the keyboard.

I have never seen this before. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,

Adriaan van Ieperen

Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:28:36 GMT
 Parent-child browse scrolling problem
Found it. :)

The parent browse also had an entry control as locator. This was on
the same code that the child browse was linked on. I removed the
locator and everything was working fine.

Adriaan van Ieperen

Remove NOSPAM from address to reply

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:41:05 GMT

1. How To restrict child browse to selected parent browse record

2. Scrolling form in a parent child situation

3. A theoretical question on Parent-Child relation and sortorder in browse

4. Parent form cleared when EIP child browse

5. Parent child browse

6. Child browse in parent form

7. I have Update Form (parent file) with Browse List (child file)

8. Parent and Child Browse Relationship Question

9. CW 2.0 B - Parent/Child Browse

10. Parent/Child Browse Behavior in 5.5

11. Putting a child browse into a parent field

12. EIP with Parent and Child Browse