Report Embeds
Author Message
 Report Embeds

Probably a novice question but how does one make a field assignment during a
report?

I need to set a field to 'TRUE' as each record of a parent table prints.
E.g. Adm:Charged = 1.  I've tried many embed points without success.
ThisReport.TakeRecord after the child record print statement seems as though
it ought to work - but won't.

ANY help would be appreciated.

                                                           Chris

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 09:26:02 GMT
 Report Embeds
Are you trying to change the value of a variable or are you trying to assign a
value based upon a use value (IE ?String1{Prop:Text}= 'Dog')  ?

If you are trying to use a use value, you need to issue a SETTARGET() before you
assign any values.

        Tim

Quote:

> Probably a novice question but how does one make a field assignment during a
> report?

> I need to set a field to 'TRUE' as each record of a parent table prints.
> E.g. Adm:Charged = 1.  I've tried many embed points without success.
> ThisReport.TakeRecord after the child record print statement seems as though
> it ought to work - but won't.

> ANY help would be appreciated.

>                                                            Chris

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:50:09 GMT

1. Help please: report embed code

2. report embed filter

3. Which Report Embed?

4. Report Embeds

5. Report Embed

6. Report Embed Question

7. Help with CW203 and Report Embeds

8. ** Report Embed **

9. Report Embed

10. Help please: report embed code [POST 2]

11. Embed Point for Group Footer in Report

12. trouble locating embed in report