C5.5 vs 3rd party e-mail vs HotSend
Author Message
 C5.5 vs 3rd party e-mail vs HotSend

Am I correct that C5.5 has a built in e-mail? Here is my
problem. I have a client that is using NTTS and wants to be able
to send e-mails with attachments of a print job that is viewable
and printable, but NOT changeable!

My first idea was HotSend, but apparently it does not work
properly with NTTS! Now I am faced with the task of creating a
routine to do this. I would like to use Clarion rather than
third party products, but I have not heard much on C5.5 e-mail.

Thanks!
Mark

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C5.5 vs 3rd party e-mail vs HotSend
Well, I got my C5.5 Beta2 cd in the mail yesterday.

It has the built-in e-mail templates with it, but if you read the KNOWN
LIMITATIONS for the beta you find that it doesn't work on Windows NT
at this time.  :-(

if you don't have that limitation, you could be in business (or, if you can wait
until they get a patch out).     That aside, you shouldn't have to hand-code
anything.  There are a number of e-mail templates around - check the topspeed
accessories or the topspeed turnpike - that have been well spoken of and are not
expensive in my eyes (a couple of hundred dollars disappears mighty fast when
you start counting your own time to develop something new instead of buying it
off the shelf).

        Tim

Quote:

> Am I correct that C5.5 has a built in e-mail? Here is my
> problem. I have a client that is using NTTS and wants to be able
> to send e-mails with attachments of a print job that is viewable
> and printable, but NOT changeable!

> My first idea was HotSend, but apparently it does not work
> properly with NTTS! Now I am faced with the task of creating a
> routine to do this. I would like to use Clarion rather than
> third party products, but I have not heard much on C5.5 e-mail.

> Thanks!
> Mark

Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
Department of Environmental Conservation

Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

2. EMail and Addressbook support in CW 2.002 3rd party add-ons

3. stdcall vs c vs cdecl vs pascal vs whosyerdaddy

4. 68K vs CFM68K vs Tk 8.0.3 vs AppearanceLib vs System 7

5. MASM vs TASM vs VC++ vs DJGPP vs A*^ vs PCC vs DEBUG,, "Hello World!"

6. MASM vs TASM vs VC++ vs DJGPP vs A*^ vs PCC vs DEBUG,, "Hello World!"

7. ST vs Java vs ST vs ....

8. API vs Internal vs Public vs Private in Envy/QA

9. VO vs DELPHI vs FOXPRO(Windows) vs DBASE(Windows)

10. Cellular automata benchmarks: Java vs C++ vs Java vs C++

11. need info on C++ vs Object Pascal vs Objective C vs etc

12. Cadence NCSIm Vs NCSim Desktop Vs Modelsim Vs VCS