copy file from one directory to another directory
Author Message
 copy file from one directory to another directory

I am using clarion 2.003 version , dose this version support copy file
from a directory to another directory without using command prompt?

for example in command prompt : "copy c:\help.txt a:\help.txt"

if it must using command prompt, what code can do the command prompt
close itself?

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:10:44 GMT
 copy file from one directory to another directory
Batu,

You can setup a DOSFILE in your dictionary, with a Variable name
(eg GLO:N_DosFile)
Then set GLO:N_DosFile to the source "C:\help.txt:"
From here a standard clarion command

COPY(DOSFILE,'a:\help.txt')

Cheers,
Alan Telford

Quote:
>I am using clarion 2.003 version , dose this version support copy file
>from a directory to another directory without using command prompt?

>for example in command prompt : "copy c:\help.txt a:\help.txt"

>if it must using command prompt, what code can do the command prompt
>close itself?

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:56:27 GMT
 copy file from one directory to another directory
Just add this tiny group of functions to any 32bit program and you will be able to copy or
delete FILES, make and remove FOLDERS etc.

Designed to be used with CW2 and up, with instructions

http://www.sterlingdata.com/miscfunc.htm

| I am using clarion 2.003 version , dose this version support copy file
| from a directory to another directory without using command prompt?
|
| for example in command prompt : "copy c:\help.txt a:\help.txt"
|
| if it must using command prompt, what code can do the command prompt
| close itself?
|

| --

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:37:57 GMT

1. Copying multiple directories to one directory

2. Copy a files from one directory to another...

3. To copy a folder in one directory to another

4. Directory of File/Directories on CD

5. Copying Files and Directories

6. COPY DOS files to another directory

7. Copy 'DOS' File to another directory

8. Creating directories and copying files from within a tcl program

9. reading directory entries one by one

10. Creating Directories & Sub-Directories from Clarion

11. dosnames - directory DOSify a directory

12. pathname-directory when pathname is a directory