Syntax Error: Label in prototype not defined SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES.
Author Message
 Syntax Error: Label in prototype not defined SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES.

Hi,

The following is the contents of my C:\Clarion5\Libsrc\winapi.clw:-

  SECTION('Equates')
SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES     GROUP,TYPE
nLength                  DWORD
lpSecurityDescriptor     LPVOID
bInheritHandle           BOOL
                        END

  SECTION('Prototypes')
  MODULE('Windows.DLL')
    CreateDirectoryA(*LPCSTR,*SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES),BOOL,Pascal,RAW
  END

When attempting to compile the application I received the following errors:-
Syntax Error: Label in prototype not defined SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES.

Where did I do wrong? Thank you in advance.

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Syntax Error: Label in prototype not defined SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES.
Alvin,

you also need to include the line:

   INCLUDE('WINAPI','Equates')            !Include Windows API equates

before the program map.

Btw: For creating a directory you can also use MkDir()
Look at and include Clib.clw from your libsrc directory.

--
Best regards,
Maarten

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Syntax Error: Label in prototype not defined SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES.
Hi Maarten,

Nice to hear from you again. Appreciate very much for telling me the use of
MkDir().

Good Day!
Alvin

Quote:
> Alvin,

> you also need to include the line:

>    INCLUDE('WINAPI','Equates')            !Include Windows API equates

> before the program map.

> Btw: For creating a directory you can also use MkDir()
> Look at and include Clib.clw from your libsrc directory.

> --
> Best regards,
> Maarten
> C5EEb - ABC

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Syntax Error: Label in prototype not defined SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES.
Try adding the following line:

    INCLUDE('WINAPI.CLW','Prototypes')

Make sure that you add this inside your map statement.  For example:

    MAP
        INCLUDE('WINAPI.CLW','Prototypes')
    END

This should solve your problem.

----
Scott VanDeWater
Shadow technologies

Quote:
> Hi Maarten,

> I did
> >    INCLUDE('WINAPI','Equates')            !Include Windows API equates

> If I miss out the statement, I will receive;-
> Syntax Error: Unknown procedure label  - 'CreateDirectoryA' instead!

> What could be other possiblities?

> Best Regards,
> Alvin

> > The following is the contents of my C:\Clarion5\Libsrc\winapi.clw:-

> >   SECTION('Equates')
> > SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES     GROUP,TYPE
> > nLength                  DWORD
> > lpSecurityDescriptor     LPVOID
> > bInheritHandle           BOOL
> >                         END

> >   SECTION('Prototypes')
> >   MODULE('Windows.DLL')
> >     CreateDirectoryA(*LPCSTR,*SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES),BOOL,PASCAL,RAW
> >   END

> > When attempting to compile the application I received the following
> errors:-
> > Syntax Error: Label in prototype not defined SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES.

> > Where did I do wrong? Thank you in advance.

> > Alvin,

> > you also need to include the line:

> >    INCLUDE('WINAPI','Equates')            !Include Windows API equates

> > before the program map.

> > Btw: For creating a directory you can also use MkDir()
> > Look at and include Clib.clw from your libsrc directory.

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Maarten
> > C5EEb - ABC

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Syntax Error: Label in prototype not defined SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES.
Hi Maarten,

I did

Quote:
>    INCLUDE('WINAPI','Equates')            !Include Windows API equates

If I miss out the statement, I will receive;-
Syntax Error: Unknown procedure label  - 'CreateDirectoryA' instead!

What could be other possiblities?

Best Regards,
Alvin

Quote:
> The following is the contents of my C:\Clarion5\Libsrc\winapi.clw:-

>   SECTION('Equates')
> SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES     GROUP,TYPE
> nLength                  DWORD
> lpSecurityDescriptor     LPVOID
> bInheritHandle           BOOL
>                         END

>   SECTION('Prototypes')
>   MODULE('Windows.DLL')
>     CreateDirectoryA(*LPCSTR,*SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES),BOOL,PASCAL,RAW
>   END

> When attempting to compile the application I received the following
errors:-
> Syntax Error: Label in prototype not defined SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES.

> Where did I do wrong? Thank you in advance.

> Alvin,

> you also need to include the line:

>    INCLUDE('WINAPI','Equates')            !Include Windows API equates

> before the program map.

> Btw: For creating a directory you can also use MkDir()
> Look at and include Clib.clw from your libsrc directory.

> --
> Best regards,
> Maarten
> C5EEb - ABC

Wed, 01 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. is define-syntax inside define-syntax OK?

2. Syntax error: No matching prototype available

3. compare function for SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES declared but not present

4. shadows of define and define-syntax

5. define in define-syntax

6. define-macro -> define-syntax

7. define-macro vs define-syntax

8. Macros defining macros with define-syntax

9. define-syntax must be followed by syntax-rules ??

10. unusual define-syntax syntax

11. entry point not defined error when linking in fujitsu cobol v3

12. What is: Syntax Error: Type not QUEUE or CLASS