TPS File sharing problem
Author Message
 TPS File sharing problem

Hi All, I have a application with the apps on the 95/98 workstation(s) and
the tps files on a NT 4.0 server. The app is a 32 bit local compiled app
with ALL file sharing turned on in global as a default.  I have noticed
however that when one app on a workstation opens a file the other apps
cannot open the file and get an error saying "access denied".  What is going
on here?  I thought I had file sharing on.  I'm using 5.0EE.

TIA,

Regards,

Robert

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TPS File sharing problem
Robert,

Try turning off opportunistic locks on the NT server.  There is a
document on the MSKB regarding this subject.

Al

Quote:

> Hi All, I have a application with the apps on the 95/98 workstation(s) and
> the tps files on a NT 4.0 server. The app is a 32 bit local compiled app
> with ALL file sharing turned on in global as a default.  I have noticed
> however that when one app on a workstation opens a file the other apps
> cannot open the file and get an error saying "access denied".  What is going
> on here?  I thought I had file sharing on.  I'm using 5.0EE.

> TIA,

> Regards,

> Robert

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 TPS File sharing problem
Is there any way of telling if the oplock is working ?
or even switched on. I have done this but it seems to have no effect
martin

Quote:
> Robert,

> Try turning off opportunistic locks on the NT server.  There is a
> document on the MSKB regarding this subject.

> Al

> > Hi All, I have a application with the apps on the 95/98 workstation(s)
and
> > the tps files on a NT 4.0 server. The app is a 32 bit local compiled app
> > with ALL file sharing turned on in global as a default.  I have noticed
> > however that when one app on a workstation opens a file the other apps
> > cannot open the file and get an error saying "access denied".  What is
going
> > on here?  I thought I had file sharing on.  I'm using 5.0EE.

> > TIA,

> > Regards,

> > Robert

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. TPS file recovery utility/TPS ODBC problem

2. TPS files in SHARE mode

3. Looking for TPS file W/O TPS Estention

4. TPS file performance problems & missing message thread

5. NT 4.0 and TPS file locking problem

6. Problem with TPS file

7. problem with a corrupt TPS File.

8. Win2000 problem converting tps files

9. Problem updating TPS files

10. Duplicate Key Problem with TPS File

11. TPS files conversion problem

12. Problem with browsing lagre TPS file