Problem transfering clarion files from palmtop to windows
Author Message
 Problem transfering clarion files from palmtop to windows

I have an app written in Clarion 2.1 running on an HP 200lx Palmtop.
This is a DOS machine. I would use it to enter my hospital billing and
then transfer the billed patient files via modem to my host computer
which was running concurrent dos. The program I used was a program
called transit which would run on the palmtop. Dial the phone and talk
to the host as if it was a terminal running the transit program on the
host end to receive the files, decompress them and then add them to the
data base.

Now Ive converted the host app to C5 and running on windows. Any
suggestions on how to do this between the palmtop (a dos computer) and
Win98.

David

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem transfering clarion files from palmtop to windows
David,

I think I'd first try something like PCAnywhere.  Their DOS version
_should_ run on your Palmtop and be able to communicate to their Windows
version.

While not precisely the same thing, I transmit data and programs between
barcode Portable Data Terminals (PDT) which are DOS 6.22 based and
Windows 9x systems all the time.  The comm software is bundled with the
PDT so I can't really give it to you but you should be able to find
something similar.

I've also used an O-L-D DOS Laplink V to accomplish the same thing.  I
just run the DOS program in a DOS box under Win9x.

Al

Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem transfering clarion files from palmtop to windows
Take a look at ClaCom or ?Win??? (Forgot the name, not enough sleep).
All you would need to do is write a simple little comm program to
monitor the port and start downloading when the palmtop connects.

Once you decide on which comm package to go with, let us know so we can
assist further.

HTH!

Quote:

> I have an app written in Clarion 2.1 running on an HP 200lx Palmtop.
> This is a DOS machine. I would use it to enter my hospital billing and
> then transfer the billed patient files via modem to my host computer
> which was running concurrent dos. The program I used was a program
> called transit which would run on the palmtop. Dial the phone and talk
> to the host as if it was a terminal running the transit program on the
> host end to receive the files, decompress them and then add them to the
> data base.

> Now Ive converted the host app to C5 and running on windows. Any
> suggestions on how to do this between the palmtop (a dos computer) and
> Win98.

> David

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem transfering compiled F77 files in Unix

2. Printing a Memo file in Clarion 2003-1 clarion for windows

3. Problem reading clarion 2 files with clarion version 5

4. Transfering files

5. Transfering files via RS232 in W2K box

6. transfering files from a directory to an other.

7. Python Window on Palmtops running out.

8. Windows version of CFIL for clarion files

9. Bug in Clarion for Windows (all version) with TXA files

10. Sending output from Clarion Report Writer for windows to a file

11. Windows NT and Clarion cpd2110 Memo file Crosslinks

12. Importing a Clarion DAT file into windows