Access denied
Author Message
 Access denied

I have an app. (Clarion Windows 2.003) which I sometime distribute as a
DEMO on a CD together with some sample files (TPS-files).

One customer working in a network with XP as the OS, have installed the
demo entirely on his own computer. In order to install he need somebody
with Administrator rights, and the whole thing including the sample
data files works OK.

When he himself (being a user, but with rights to run the app.) Tries
to run the program he receive an 'Access denied' error whenever the
program tries to open one of the data files. He has checked the
properties of the different TPS-files and all of them have the
attributes 'Read Only' and 'Hidden' turned off.

What could be the reason for this ?

Best regards
Ulrik Schmidt
--

Using Virtual Access
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:52:47 GMT
 Access denied
Hi Ulrik

Also the user needs full read/write rights to the directory where tps-files
exist.

Mikko

Quote:
> I have an app. (Clarion Windows 2.003) which I sometime distribute as a
> DEMO on a CD together with some sample files (TPS-files).

> One customer working in a network with XP as the OS, have installed the
> demo entirely on his own computer. In order to install he need somebody
> with Administrator rights, and the whole thing including the sample
> data files works OK.

> When he himself (being a user, but with rights to run the app.) Tries
> to run the program he receive an 'Access denied' error whenever the
> program tries to open one of the data files. He has checked the
> properties of the different TPS-files and all of them have the
> attributes 'Read Only' and 'Hidden' turned off.

> What could be the reason for this ?

> Best regards
> Ulrik Schmidt
> --

> Using Virtual Access
> http://www.soft-shop.com

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:11:27 GMT
 Access denied
Thank you Mikko
I'll check with the customer.

Best regards
Ulrik

Quote:

--

Using Virtual Access
http://www.soft-shop.com

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:09:52 GMT

1. Access Denied

2. Rename - Access Denied - Windows NT

3. Access denied error 5 on novell network

4. Copy File - Access Denied

5. CD 3.1 Access Denied

6. Clarion DOS & Win95 File Access Denied

7. Access Denied

8. I'm getting access denied on network

9. Access Denied error

10. Access Denied