Priming a newly created entry control
Author Message
 Priming a newly created entry control

I cannot find the correct propert to assign a value to a new entry control.
I know that PROP:Value works for a radio or check control.  Just can't get
it for an entry.

Thanks.

Sun, 15 May 2005 00:40:36 GMT
 Priming a newly created entry control
Hi Larry,

On the form's property dialog box in the IDE, click on the [Field Priming on
Insert] button and do it there...

--
---- (;-)}
Regards,

www.kwiksystems.com
www.kwiksystems.com/clarion.htm (Clarion Templates & Utilities by Bo
Schmitz)
http://home.centurytel.net/Comsoft7/comsoft7.htm (Screen Shots of Bo's
Stuff)

| I cannot find the correct propert to assign a value to a new entry
control.
| I know that PROP:Value works for a radio or check control.  Just can't get
| it for an entry.
|
| Thanks.

Sun, 15 May 2005 00:46:07 GMT
 Priming a newly created entry control
Larry,  if you are not using a variable (PROP:Use) then I think PROP:Text
will do what you want.  If you are using a variable then PROP:Text will set
the display format.

HTH

Quote:
> I cannot find the correct propert to assign a value to a new entry
control.
> I know that PROP:Value works for a radio or check control.  Just can't get
> it for an entry.

> Thanks.

Sun, 15 May 2005 01:16:00 GMT
 Priming a newly created entry control
Sorry for the confusion, Earl.  I am creating this property at runtime.

Sun, 15 May 2005 00:53:00 GMT
 Priming a newly created entry control
Larry -

PROP:Text works for the picture token, perhaps you could use CHANGE()
or set PROP:Use to a particular variable containing the value.

Quote:

>I cannot find the correct propert to assign a value to a new entry control.
>I know that PROP:Value works for a radio or check control.  Just can't get
>it for an entry.

Jeff Slarve
http://www.jssoftware.com

Sun, 15 May 2005 01:17:10 GMT
 Priming a newly created entry control
Thought I already tried that without success.  Now it seems to be working.

Thanks

Sun, 15 May 2005 01:19:42 GMT
 Priming a newly created entry control
I am finding it difficult to set (and maintain) the value when the Use
variable is in a queue.  Seems like it will always change to the current
queue entry.  Might be time to plug in twTools and use the property manager.

Sun, 15 May 2005 02:04:15 GMT
 Priming a newly created entry control
Did you try simple assignment?

  x = y

Quote:

--
 Randy Goodhew
 ---[ eQ ]---

Sun, 15 May 2005 02:11:35 GMT
 Priming a newly created entry control
Hi Larry,

Quote:
>I cannot find the correct propert to assign a value to a new entry control.
>I know that PROP:Value works for a radio or check control.  Just can't get
>it for an entry.

When you know the FEQ of the control you can use:

Contents() to retrieve the data from the control

Change() to change the data in the control

What you need is the Change() function.

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Sun, 15 May 2005 06:19:35 GMT

1. Attaching tooltip dynamically to newly-created controls - how?

2. Controlling placement of newly created toplevel windows

3. How to return to newly created record -repost

4. How to return to a newly created record

5. code.InteractiveConsole in a newly created xterm

6. Entry control mysteriously CLEARED upon ACCEPT of control

7. Make the text control behave like the entry control

8. Entry controls but not text controls blanked in WinXP/CW55

9. Tree Control - AutoIncrement - Prime Record

10. Creating a new control-class based on two or more standard controls

11. Control Order of CREATEd controls

12. Creating a control at runtime - using Create()