MASKing changes tab order...
Author Message
 MASKing changes tab order...

Hi everybody,

On a previous posting someone suggested a workaround for MASKing individual
entry boxes.  I'm following this suggestion as such:

 - the original position information is saved to local variables
 - the entry control destroyed
 - the mask property is applied to the window
 - the entry control is recreated with the same FEQ, position, use variable
and size but a new picture token

This works great, but I would like to somehow maintain the tab order when
navigating the input form.  If the recreated entry is the first in the form,
recreating it makes it the last to be selected.  Does anyone know how I
might do this?

Thanks a lot,
Steve Thomson

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:40:56 GMT
 MASKing changes tab order...
Doesn't anyone have any ideas about this?  Or a suggestion of where else I
might go to find help on this issue?
Thanks,
Steve Thomson

Quote:
> Hi everybody,

> On a previous posting someone suggested a workaround for MASKing
individual
> entry boxes.  I'm following this suggestion as such:

>  - the original position information is saved to local variables
>  - the entry control destroyed
>  - the mask property is applied to the window
>  - the entry control is recreated with the same FEQ, position, use
variable
> and size but a new picture token

> This works great, but I would like to somehow maintain the tab order when
> navigating the input form.  If the recreated entry is the first in the
form,
> recreating it makes it the last to be selected.  Does anyone know how I
> might do this?

> Thanks a lot,
> Steve Thomson

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 05:53:06 GMT
 MASKing changes tab order...
Thanks a lot Jules for the response,

What I want is to set the 'Entry Patterns' control (ie: PROP:MASK) for only
specific entry controls in an update procedure.  The Clarion documentation
states you just add the mask attribute to the entry but it turns out this
functionality was never completed.  So the work-around is as I outlined.  It
works because MASK only applies to those entries created after it's applied.
The problem is that this puts the entries last on the list for navigation of
the page with the tab key.  So I want to maintain the tab order.
I hope I have explained this better.  I'm really at a loss on this and need
to figure it out.
Thanks for your help,
Steve

Quote:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:56:10 -0500, "Steven Thomson"

> > > On a previous posting someone suggested a workaround for MASKing
> > > individual entry boxes.  I'm following this suggestion as such:

> > >  - the original position information is saved to local variables
> > >  - the entry control destroyed
> > >  - the mask property is applied to the window
> > >  - the entry control is recreated with the same FEQ, position, use
> > > variable and size but a new picture token

> > > This works great, but I would like to somehow maintain the tab order
when
> > > navigating the input form.  If the recreated entry is the first in the
> > > form, recreating it makes it the last to be selected.  Does anyone
know how I
> > > might do this?

> > Doesn't anyone have any ideas about this?

> I didn't answer before because I dont' really understand what you're
> talking about.  Could you please explain what you mean by 'MASKing'.
> If you explain what effect you are trying to have on the window/entry
> controls I may well be able to suggest another way of doing it.

> Are you just changing the picture token of an entry dependant on a
> config file?  If so, you can do this at runtime, without re-creating
> the entry control (PROP:Text for most control types).

> Otherwise, try looking up PROP:Follows in the help.  I think you have
> to set it before the window opens to affect the tabbing order.

> HTH

> Jules
> --
> Julian Martin, Action Data Systems

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:55:25 GMT
 MASKing changes tab order...
Steven,

Quote:
> This works great, but I would like to somehow maintain the tab order when
> navigating the input form.  If the recreated entry is the first in the form,

PROP:Follows is what you need.

--

Best regards,
Maarten

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:25:42 GMT
 MASKing changes tab order...
Thank you so much Maarten!!!  I sure appreciate you solving my problem.
Steve Thomson

Quote:
> Steven,

> > This works great, but I would like to somehow maintain the tab order
when
> > navigating the input form.  If the recreated entry is the first in the
form,

> PROP:Follows is what you need.

> --

> Best regards,
> Maarten
> CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.04EE
> Certainly Clarion Developer

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:13:42 GMT

1. How to change the tab order

2. Changing EditFields tab-order?

3. change control tab order at runtime

4. change order for tab...

5. Changing order of TAB controls (2)

6. Changing the order of TABs

7. Changing field order on form with multiple tabs

8. how to change Tabs order?

9. Changing Tab Order

10. CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM

11. tab order inside tab

12. How to change Record Filter when changing Tab