What's that SCN-files? 
Author Message
 What's that SCN-files?

Hi everyone

when I open/create an aliased file a SCN-file (guess it's Session) is
created containing definitions like this:

[UNNAMED]
+SessionDate=03.12.2002
crc32v2=296915789
+CurrentKey=PIL:KEYNAME
ENV File Path=
OEM=0
Record Order=Record Order
PIL:KEYID=PIL:KEYID
PIL:KEYABK=PIL:KEYABK
PIL:KEYNAME=PIL:KEYNAME


ABK=29L(2)~Abk~C(0)?Abk:
NAME=38L(2)~Name~C(0)?Name:
Columns=4
Column1=RECORD NUMBER
Column2=ID
Column3=ABK
Column4=NAME

It seems to be a mix of format, field and key definitions (not all of
them actually used!). Any ideas what for this is created? Not that I
specifically like that anyone can see that.
--
Regards
R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 21:48:00 GMT  
 What's that SCN-files?
Looks like a topscan config file.  When you open a file with Topscan it
create a .SCN file containing all the information relevant to that file
(Hidden/Unhidden fields & their formats, justification etc).  The Clarion
2.1 Scanner (CSCN.EXE) used to create similar files when you scanned clarion
files however the format war proprietary not an ini file like the one you
describe.

Cheers

--
Ian Holdsworth
Senior Programmer / Assistant IT Manager
Response Analysis & Mailing Ltd

---------------------------------------------------

Direct Line:    +44 (0) 20 8880 8866
Switch Board:   +44 (0) 20 8880 8140
Fax:            +44 (0) 0870 134 0987



Web Site:       www.ram-ltd.co.uk


Quote:
> Hi everyone

> when I open/create an aliased file a SCN-file (guess it's Session) is
> created containing definitions like this:

> [UNNAMED]
> +SessionDate=03.12.2002
> crc32v2=296915789
> +CurrentKey=PIL:KEYNAME
> ENV File Path=
> OEM=0
> Record Order=Record Order
> PIL:KEYID=PIL:KEYID
> PIL:KEYABK=PIL:KEYABK
> PIL:KEYNAME=PIL:KEYNAME


> ABK=29L(2)~Abk~C(0)?Abk:
> NAME=38L(2)~Name~C(0)?Name:
> Columns=4
> Column1=RECORD NUMBER
> Column2=ID
> Column3=ABK
> Column4=NAME

> It seems to be a mix of format, field and key definitions (not all of
> them actually used!). Any ideas what for this is created? Not that I
> specifically like that anyone can see that.
> --
> Regards
> R. Gathmann



Sat, 21 May 2005 21:56:00 GMT  
 What's that SCN-files?
Ian Holdsworth schrieb:

Quote:

> Looks like a topscan config file.  When you open a file with Topscan it
> create a .SCN file containing all the information relevant to that file
> (Hidden/Unhidden fields & their formats, justification etc).  The Clarion
> 2.1 Scanner (CSCN.EXE) used to create similar files when you scanned clarion
> files however the format war proprietary not an ini file like the one you
> describe.

I didn't use any of these progs. Simply opened an application using this
one aliased file. Strange...

Quote:
> > [UNNAMED]
> > +SessionDate=03.12.2002
> > crc32v2=296915789
> > +CurrentKey=PIL:KEYNAME
> > ENV File Path=
> > OEM=0
> > Record Order=Record Order
> > PIL:KEYID=PIL:KEYID
> > PIL:KEYABK=PIL:KEYABK
> > PIL:KEYNAME=PIL:KEYNAME


> > ABK=29L(2)~Abk~C(0)?Abk:
> > NAME=38L(2)~Name~C(0)?Name:
> > Columns=4
> > Column1=RECORD NUMBER
> > Column2=ID
> > Column3=ABK
> > Column4=NAME

--
Regards
R. Gathmann


Sat, 21 May 2005 22:15:56 GMT  
 What's that SCN-files?
Ralph,

Ian is correct.  The SCN file is the result of a Topscan session.  Look at
the date/time stamp of the file and you may find it is old.  In any event,
you can delete it.

--
Russ Eggen
www.radfusion.com


Ian Holdsworth schrieb:

Quote:

> Looks like a topscan config file.  When you open a file with Topscan it
> create a .SCN file containing all the information relevant to that file
> (Hidden/Unhidden fields & their formats, justification etc).  The Clarion
> 2.1 Scanner (CSCN.EXE) used to create similar files when you scanned
clarion
> files however the format war proprietary not an ini file like the one you
> describe.

I didn't use any of these progs. Simply opened an application using this
one aliased file. Strange...


Sat, 21 May 2005 23:42:39 GMT  
 What's that SCN-files?
"Russell B. Eggen" schrieb:

Quote:

> Ralph,

> Ian is correct.  The SCN file is the result of a Topscan session.  Look at
> the date/time stamp of the file and you may find it is old.  In any event,
> you can delete it.

Russel,

... even stranger. I virtually always use ACDSee as a file manager. It
has an auto-update feature and places newly created files at the bottom
of the file list. I literally saw the SCN-file being created upon
application start-up... Anyway, I delete it now... <scratch>

Quote:


> Ian Holdsworth schrieb:

> > Looks like a topscan config file.  When you open a file with Topscan it
> > create a .SCN file containing all the information relevant to that file
> > (Hidden/Unhidden fields & their formats, justification etc).  The Clarion
> > 2.1 Scanner (CSCN.EXE) used to create similar files when you scanned
> clarion
> > files however the format war proprietary not an ini file like the one you
> > describe.

> I didn't use any of these progs. Simply opened an application using this
> one aliased file. Strange...

--
Regards
R. Gathmann


Sun, 22 May 2005 00:44:56 GMT  
 What's that SCN-files?
TopScan created this file...

If ".tps" files are associated with TopScan, then just doubleclicking it
will have produced this file (as TopScan opened)...

Gordon.


Quote:
> Hi everyone

> when I open/create an aliased file a SCN-file (guess it's Session) is
> created containing definitions like this:

> [UNNAMED]
> +SessionDate=03.12.2002
> crc32v2=296915789
> +CurrentKey=PIL:KEYNAME
> ENV File Path=
> OEM=0
> Record Order=Record Order
> PIL:KEYID=PIL:KEYID
> PIL:KEYABK=PIL:KEYABK
> PIL:KEYNAME=PIL:KEYNAME


> ABK=29L(2)~Abk~C(0)?Abk:
> NAME=38L(2)~Name~C(0)?Name:
> Columns=4
> Column1=RECORD NUMBER
> Column2=ID
> Column3=ABK
> Column4=NAME

> It seems to be a mix of format, field and key definitions (not all of
> them actually used!). Any ideas what for this is created? Not that I
> specifically like that anyone can see that.
> --
> Regards
> R. Gathmann



Sun, 22 May 2005 00:59:59 GMT  
 What's that SCN-files?
Gordon Smith schrieb:

Quote:

> TopScan created this file...

> If ".tps" files are associated with TopScan, then just doubleclicking it
> will have produced this file (as TopScan opened)...

This could be the solution...
--
Regards
R. Gathmann


Sun, 22 May 2005 01:44:40 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. *.scn

2. stream('file','c','seek ='x) problem

3. 'file mkdir' doesn't fail

4. Adding a File to a Procedure's File Schematic

5. CW4 Writing to a parent file from child file's update form

6. Linking S'87 Clipper files with C files

7. File Vi's and modifying file Attributes, listing by, etc

8. how to create a 'file.so' from a 'file.ql' with sicstus

9. Source'd file wants to use object defined in calling file

10. Bug in the class 'File'???

11. Curious 'File Not Found' Error

12. File Reading in 'J'

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software