Source code of mathematical parser?
Author Message
 Source code of mathematical parser?

Does anybody know where I can get the source code for a mathematical
expression parser in C? I'm thinking of a C equivalent to something
like Jep ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ). Something free
or open source is best. Thanks.
--

Thu, 06 Oct 2005 01:24:36 GMT
 Source code of mathematical parser?

Quote:

> Does anybody know where I can get the source code for a mathematical
> expression parser in C? I'm thinking of a C equivalent to something
> like Jep (http://www.singularsys.com/jep/index.html). Something free
> or open source is best. Thanks.

You are OT on c.l.c (and c.l.c.m).  However, try GNU newsgroups,
and investigate the bc and dc programs.

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:33:32 GMT
 Source code of mathematical parser?

Quote:

> Does anybody know where I can get the source code for a mathematical
> expression parser in C? I'm thinking of a C equivalent to something
> like Jep (http://www.singularsys.com/jep/index.html). Something free
> or open source is best. Thanks.

There's hoc, from K&P's Unix Programming Environment:

http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/upe/index.html
--

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:33:39 GMT
 Source code of mathematical parser?

Quote:

> Does anybody know where I can get the source code for a mathematical
> expression parser in C?

Kernighan & Pike "The UNIX Programming Environment"
chapter on "hoc".  Uses a YACC grammar.
--

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:33:45 GMT
 Source code of mathematical parser?

Quote:

>Does anybody know where I can get the source code for a mathematical
>expression parser in C? I'm thinking of a C equivalent to something
>like Jep (http://www.singularsys.com/jep/index.html). Something free
>or open source is best. Thanks.

Looks like what you want to search for is a yacc arithmetic
expression grammar with a driver program for expression
evaluation, as that is what jep does using javacc instead of
yacc. You may even be able to easily convert the javacc grammar
into a yacc grammar.

Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis         Calgary, Alberta, Canada
--

    fake address                use address above to reply
--

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:34:33 GMT
 Source code of mathematical parser?

Quote:

--

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:45:48 GMT
 Source code of mathematical parser?

Quote:

>Does anybody know where I can get the source code for a mathematical
>expression parser in C? I'm thinking of a C equivalent to something
>like Jep (http://www.singularsys.com/jep/index.html). Something free
>or open source is best. Thanks.

If your intent is to start writing computer languages, check the FAQ of
the newsgroup comp.compilers, published there monthly.

The GNU parser generator Bison (at gnu.org) has in its manual a small
example how to write a parser for simple math expressions using parser
henrators by hand.

Stroustrups C++ book has a by hand example for C++; you might convert it to C.

If you want multiprecison arithmetic, pick down the GNU GMP prgram.

  Hans Aberg      * Anti-spam: remove "remove." from email address.

                  * Home Page: <http://www.math.su.se/~haberg/>

Sun, 16 Oct 2005 07:20:55 GMT

1. Source code of mathematical parser?

2. Mathematical Expression Parser has moved

3. Mathematical expression parsers

4. Mathematical Expression Parser in C

5. Mathematical Function Parser

6. Looking for an HTML parser source code (in C, of course)

7. Source code for parser

8. WANTED: Source Code for a C Parser

9. Wanted A Ansi C compiler (or Parser) Source Code

10. Source code for language parser

11. C source code parser

12. RMatrix - Free c++ source for mathematical calculation