javadoc style commenting for C code
Author Message
 javadoc style commenting for C code

Are many active C development groups/organizations/shops adopting a javadoc style commenting to allow HTML reference docs to be easily produced?

  Two example tools to create the HTML:
Doxygen ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~dimitri/doxygen/)
Doc++ ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~doc++/)

   thank you
--

Fri, 16 May 2003 11:03:41 GMT
 javadoc style commenting for C code

Quote:

> Are many active C development groups/organizations/shops
> adopting a javadoc style commenting to allow HTML reference
> docs to be easily produced?

I'm using a literate programming tool of my own design
("TexiWEB") that outputs Texinfo (ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo).
Then standard Texinfo tools can be used to translate to a number
of formats, including DVI, postscript, PDF, HTML, plain text, and
Info formats.  It's working out very well.

I don't know whether I'd encourage others to use my tools, since
they're rather idiosyncratically fitted to my own style and
preferences, but you might have a look at what I've got if you
like.  The sources are at
        ftp://cscw.msu.edu/blp
Look in the latest `avl-*.tar.gz'.

At any rate, you might want to consider "rolling your own" if you
don't find something that matches your needs.  TexiWEB is only
about 4000 lines of C so it's hardly a major project, and in a
language better suited to text processing it would undoubtedly be
shorter than that.
--
"How could this be a problem in a country
 where we have Intel and Microsoft?"

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 javadoc style commenting for C code

Quote:
> Are many active C development groups/organizations/shops adopting a

javadoc style commenting to allow HTML reference docs to be easily produced?

Quote:

>   Two example tools to create the HTML:
> Doxygen ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~dimitri/doxygen/)
> Doc++ ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~doc++/)

>    thank you
> --

Doc++ and doxygen are both good at documenting C++.
There is also legdoc for C (for legacy code)
http://www.*-*-*.com/ #legdoc

I have seen the 3 being used, and also people having a go at perl themselves
to write their own{*filter*}generator.
--

Fri, 23 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Javadoc comments in C#?

2. Request for comment; Re: Coding style

3. Comments wanted: iostream code style

5. argument list style (was: coding style)

6. Commenting style (was: Call for folklore)

7. Style comments for beginner

8. Commenting Styles

9. DoDont series I: comment style I

10. DoDont series 1: comment style I