C / C++ Programming book of 2000 
Author Message
 C / C++ Programming book of 2000

Over the last few years I have been making my own personal choice of C
book of the year (well I also consider books on C++ :) and they were
published in the now discontinued EXE Magazine. My choice this year is
Accelerated C++ by Andy Koenig & Barbara Moo because I think it will do
more to further good basic C++ programming than any other book published
this year.

Last year I invited readers of EXE Magazine to list their three top
books (that the postbag was almost empty, perhaps explains why that
publication was not to last much longer)

This year I invite readers of this news group to send me their three
choice books of 2000. To qualify the book must first gone on sale in
2000, and must concern software development in C or C++ (but that can
include books on methodology etc.)

Please email me direct and I will publish the results. Please attach a
mark out of 10 for your three choices.

Votes by midnight Christmas day (GMT)

By all means publish your choices here but I will only count direct
votes and there will be no recounts and no judicial enquiries :)

Anyone like to nominate 'worst C or C++ book of 2000'

Francis Glassborow      Association of C & C++ Users
64 Southfield Rd
Oxford OX4 1PA          +44(0)1865 246490
All opinions are mine and do not represent those of any organisation
--



Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:58:27 GMT  
 C / C++ Programming book of 2000
Shouldn't you be asking this on your organisations own  open mail list
accu-general? You can find details at www.accu.org


Quote:

>This year I invite readers of this news group to send me their three
>choice books of 2000. To qualify the book must first gone on sale in
>2000, and must concern software development in C or C++ (but that can
>include books on methodology etc.)

>Please email me direct and I will publish the results. Please attach a
>mark out of 10 for your three choices.

>Votes by midnight Christmas day (GMT)

>By all means publish your choices here but I will only count direct
>votes and there will be no recounts and no judicial enquiries :)

>Anyone like to nominate 'worst C or C++ book of 2000'

>Francis Glassborow      Association of C & C++ Users
>64 Southfield Rd
>Oxford OX4 1PA          +44(0)1865 246490
>All opinions are mine and do not represent those of any organisation

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills  Staffs  England    /\/\/\/\/\

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
--



Tue, 10 Jun 2003 04:39:42 GMT  
 C / C++ Programming book of 2000


Quote:
>Shouldn't you be asking this on your organisations own  open mail list accu-
>general? You can find details at www.accu.

Why on Earth should I not consult a wider audience? And ACCU is not my
organisation nor is it the only part of the programming community to
which I belong.

Francis Glassborow      Association of C & C++ Users
64 Southfield Rd
Oxford OX4 1PA          +44(0)1865 246490
All opinions are mine and do not represent those of any organisation
--



Wed, 11 Jun 2003 06:43:46 GMT  
 C / C++ Programming book of 2000

Quote:


>>Shouldn't you be asking this on your organisations own  open mail list accu-
>>general? You can find details at www.accu.

>Why on Earth should I not consult a wider audience? And ACCU is not my
>organisation

Your SIG implies that you are connected (and you were  it's Chairman for
10 years and the Editor for longer)  I just wondered why you do not
consult it?

Quote:
>Francis Glassborow      Association of C & C++ Users
>64 Southfield Rd
>Oxford OX4 1PA          +44(0)1865 246490
>All opinions are mine and do not represent those of any organisation
> nor is it the only part of the programming community to
>which I belong.

SO you ask all the others but exclude the one you were the Chair of (and
still it's main editor?)

Regards
         Chris

PS This is long running fued between  Francis and my self  that he does
not subscribe to the main ACCU mail list when he was Chair and Editor.

PS Happy Christmas Frnacis and I will see you and the next WG14 meeting.
(Probably in Oxford)

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills  Staffs  England    /\/\/\/\/\

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
--



Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:20:19 GMT  
 C / C++ Programming book of 2000


Quote:
>Your SIG implies that you are connected (and you were  it's Chairman for 10
>years and the Editor for longer)  I just wondered why you do not consult it?

However I have no authority to create an ACCU book of the year and
simply wished to consult with regular readers of two newsgroups for
their entertainment and mine. That is the last thing I intend to write
on the subject.

Francis Glassborow      Association of C & C++ Users
64 Southfield Rd
Oxford OX4 1PA          +44(0)1865 246490
All opinions are mine and do not represent those of any organisation
--



Sat, 14 Jun 2003 03:41:09 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. FS: Programming and CS Books --- CHEAP

2. Good Books on C++ , Visual C++ , Oracle 8 and Developer 2000(forms6)

3. Newbie: separate big .cs file into small .cs files

4. Problem #30 on http://cs.nmu.edu/programming/c/problems.htm

5. SoftEng or CS Graduate Program Search

6. 1995 UT IEEE CS National Programming Contest

7. Good CS Programs

8. IEEE CS National Programming Contest [Addendum3]

9. 1993 IEEE CS National Programming Contest Notice

10. Description of The 1991 IEEE CS National Programming Contest

11. 1993 IEEE CS National Programming Contest Addendum 2

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software